Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Educational qualifications from ROI.

Options
  • 29-07-2018 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hello all.

Hopefully this isn't a stupid question, I couldn't find any specific information about this topic, so hopefully you can help me out or direct me somewhere that could.

I have an Irish Leaving Certificate Ordinary.
    I've done 7 subjects at ordinary level including English and Mathematics, all of which I was awarded a grade above C3, except Maths, in which I got a D2.

Does this rule me out from being considered for the next recruitment campaign?
    And if that is the case, is there anything I can do to rectify this, or is that me ruled out completely before I've even started?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

You'd be a shoe in in the Republic. Perfect candidate. Why have you not applied down south?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 originalhobo

myshirt wrote: »
    You'd be a shoe in in the Republic. Perfect candidate. Why have you not applied down south?

I've thought about it off and on for the last few years. No disrespect to An Garda, but honestly the PSNI just appeals to me that bit more. Especially with the opportunities to transfer to Britain, I don't think An Garda have anything like that with other countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 originalhobo

Just heard back from Deloitte. As I thought, the maths result means I'm ineligible.

If anyone has advice or been in a similar situation I'd appreciate hearing anything you might have to offer.

Advertisement