Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-01-2019, 12:08   #46
valoren

Familiarity breeds cuntempt i.e. the longer you know a person, the more acceptable it is to use words like 'cnut'.

e.g. you enter a pub meeting a friend, you walk up to him and say "Alright you cnut?". He knows you're messing. You're just being yourself.

versus

Walking in for a job interview "Please to meet you, ya cnut!"
Still being yourself but still looking for a job.
Advertisement
11-01-2019, 12:13   #47
Cienciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by ....... View Post
Never understood it.

I am who I am no matter who Im with.
No you're not. And you don't understand why a bloke might act slightly different around a girlfriends parents or mother in law than he would when he's in the pub with his mates? You really don't understand that?
Calling bullshít
11-01-2019, 12:28   #48
Ush1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porklife View Post
Certainly not to be edgy.. Jesus Christ, what is it with some posters on here? It's Friday afternoon and I'm a bit bored a work. I started a friendly thread and as always, I'm getting stick of people. I've been called immature, insecure and now edgy

It's just a lighthearted topic and was on my mind so I posted it. No hidden meanings or trying to be anything other than distracted at work! I'm just killing time till I can go home and after hours is a good place to do that albeit a little frosty at times. Cheer the f*ck up you c*nt!
I'm quite cheery thanks. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Also, the fact that you are asking the question why you modify this behaviour in front of another person, indicate YOU think it is edgy.
Thanks from:
11-01-2019, 12:30   #49
Baron Kurtz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porklife View Post
Having a few pints and a laugh is only for teenagers now is it? Get over yourself love
That's not demure. Demure. Demure.
11-01-2019, 12:31   #50
Gimme A Pound

Porklife, you did something you plainly didn't want to do, and you even said before that that you weren't sure you should in case he (who wanted it) would lose respect for you - wtf?!

And I get enjoying being feminine with your man - it is more attractive - but feeling forced to be "demure" (modest, meek, timid) yet taking it up the ass when not wanting to. That's a little bit disturbing tbh. You appear to feel like you should be kinda subjugated and should put on an act, and "I need approval" all over the place. No partner is worth staying with if they compel the other person to have to put on an act.

Last edited by Gimme A Pound; 11-01-2019 at 12:35.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
11-01-2019, 12:35   #51
Gimme A Pound

Oh and women who are all "I'm sweet and girlie... giggle!... But I'm actually a filthy bitch" are really annoying.

They're obviously not comfortable with their promiscuity.
11-01-2019, 12:37   #52
Tacitus Kilgore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme A Pound View Post
Oh and women who are all "I'm sweet and girlie... giggle!... But I'm actually a filthy bitch" are really annoying.
'Bitter?'

"Yup - bit him too"
11-01-2019, 12:41   #53
Gimme A Pound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacitus Kilgore View Post
'Bitter?'

"Yup - bit him too"
How is disliking a vacuous persona bitter? Shur loads of men dislike those kinda airheads too.
11-01-2019, 12:41   #54
Bigbagofcans

Quote:

They're obviously not comfortable with their promiscuity.
We can blame Usher for his lyrics from 'Yeah' - "want a lady in the streets but a freak in the bed"
Advertisement
11-01-2019, 12:44   #55
Tacitus Kilgore

Quote:
How is disliking a vacuous persona bitter? Shur loads of men dislike those kinda airheads too.
What are ye on about, I asked if you bit her

I'm only having the craic, I agree with you kinda - just wanted to shoehorn a simpsons joke in.
Thanks from:
11-01-2019, 12:46   #56
Gimme A Pound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbagofcans View Post
We can blame Usher for his lyrics from 'Yeah' - "want a lady in the streets but a freak in the bed"
The virgin whore dichotomy - women who feel they have to comply with it are eejits.
(3) thanks from:
11-01-2019, 12:50   #57
suicide_circus

Counselor Deanna Troi : Your self-portrait is so practiced, so polished.

Dr. Paul Stubbs : Yes. Isn't it, though?

Counselor Deanna Troi : It's stretched so tight, the tension fills this room. And if you finally fail - I fear it will snap.

Dr. Paul Stubbs : A good try, Counselor. But sometimes, when you reach beneath a man's self-portrait - as you so eloquently put it - deep down inside, what you find... is nothing at all.
(2) thanks from:
11-01-2019, 12:51   #58
Porklife

Quote:
Porklife, you did something you plainly didn't want to do, and you even said before that that you weren't sure you should in case he (who wanted it) would lose respect for you - wtf?!

And I get enjoying being feminine with your man - it is more attractive - but feeling forced to be "demure" (modest, meek, timid) yet taking it up the ass when not wanting to. That's a little bit disturbing tbh. You appear to feel like you should be kinda subjugated and should put on an act, and "I need approval" all over the place. No partner is worth staying with if they compel the other person to have to put on an act.
Why are you bringing up my other thread.. you seem very caught up with the fact that I had anal sex! I'm not going over this again, I had slight trepidation about it which is natural but I made the decision to do it. You keep saying I din't want to do it but you're wrong, I would never engage in a sexual act I didn't want to do. I also wasn't doing it for his approval, I was doing it for his pleasure and for mine too. I'm not seeking approval from anybody. You really seem to have it in for me and I've no idea why.

I'm also not putting on an act in front of this guy. I'm myself around him just toned down a notch. What's wrong with that?

You find it disturbing that I had anal sex? I find THAT disturbing to be honest. I'm a stranger on an internet forum, my sexual life should not distress you.

You also implied that I act girly and vacuous... you really are way off the grid with that.
11-01-2019, 12:54   #59
Persepoly

I am fundamentally myself no matter the company. What I mean by that is I still hold the same beliefs and values. I don't always show them however. With my boyfriend and close friends I am comfortable but in other situations I will filter, yet this doesn't mean acting different. There's an awful lot to be said for authenticity OP. Be who you are.
11-01-2019, 12:55   #60
Deebles McBeebles

There are people that will investigate you
They'll insinuate, intimidate and complicate you
Don't ever wait or hesitate to state the fate that awaits those who
Try to shake or take you
Don't let them break you

You can do anything you want to do
It's not wrong what I sing it's true
You can do anything you want to do
Do what you want to
Thanks from: