Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-01-2019, 10:46   #16
oLoonatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porklife View Post
How is that edgy? You've obviously lived a sheltered life if that's what you consider edgy!
Only short of saying you should be in some sort of food preparation area!!
Advertisement
11-01-2019, 10:54   #17
Porklife

Quote:
Originally Posted by oLoonatic View Post
Only short of saying you should be in some sort of food preparation area!!
No idea what you mean..
(2) thanks from:
11-01-2019, 10:56   #18
Porklife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cee-Jay-Cee View Post
If my wife (of 11 years) heard me and my mates on a night out she'd probably divorce me.
Hahaha.. I was thinking that last night after regaling one of my crazier stories. I was thinking how ill never ever tell him about that night and how id never express myself in such a vulgar way in front of him or he'd end it instantly!
Funny story to tell a friend though
11-01-2019, 10:58   #19
Pyr0

Send a message via MSN to Pyr0
I get what you mean, OP. Do you think that your OH would gel just as well with that 'version' of you or is it the one he knows now that attracts him to you?
11-01-2019, 11:06   #20
Porklife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyr0 View Post
I get what you mean, OP. Do you think that your OH would gel just as well with that 'version' of you or is it the one he knows now that attracts him to you?
Pyr0, it's that exact question that got me thinking last night. I was thinking... If he was a fly on the wall right now watching me, would he still wanna be with me. Honest answer is, I don't think so. I think he'd still like me and I'm sure he'd find my stories funny and entertaining but I reckon he'd like his partner to be more demure. I think being ladylike and classy is sexier and more attractive than being a tomboy. I don't want my male friends to be attracted to me sexually so I'll act however I want and won't make an effort to be classy or sexy.
I think he'd lose his attraction to me if he saw me acting so brass. I may be wrong, it's not like I'm a nun around him or completely different. I'm still me, just toned way down.
Advertisement
11-01-2019, 11:06   #21
mariaalice

Quote:
Was having a few pints with my flatmate last night who's also my best mate. We were having a laugh, chatting away freely about everything. Around him, especially if we're drinking, I'm completely myself uncensored. I'd tell him my worst stories for comic effect, use language like c*unt, act boisterous and generally have no filter. He knows me instead out.
It got me thinking though, I'd never act that way in front of my boyfriend. I alter my behaviour massively around him. I act way more demure and for want of a better word, ladylike. I still curse and act the maggot but I dilute my wilder stories and tell them in a more coy way.
I've noticed this with my friends too. The lads act one way around me but the minute their girlfriends arrive, they tone it down and reign in the lad talk (again for want of a better term!).
Are you guys the same way and if so, does it mean your partner doesn't truly know you? Should we all be completely unfiltered and 100% ourselves around our partners /potential partners or is a bit of acting par for the course?
I also act differently around guys I fancy. I become all sweet and demure but in reality I'm a bit of a brass tomboy. Maybe I'm just a schizophrenic
What age are you, you sound and are acting like a teenage, do you lack confidence in yourself or something?
(2) thanks from:
11-01-2019, 11:07   #22
Porklife

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaalice View Post
What age are you, you sound and are acting like a teenage, do you lack confidence in yourself or something?
Having a few pints and a laugh is only for teenagers now is it? Get over yourself love
11-01-2019, 11:13   #23
greenspurs

Hmmm ..... Are you just insecure , or fishing for other peoples stories?

Either (or neither) way , something strange here .......
Best of luck with your dual persona's
Thanks from:
11-01-2019, 11:17   #24
Bigbagofcans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegir View Post
once you've farted in front of your partner, all taboos miraculously vanish.

I'd recommend doing it as early in the relationship as possible.
I love that a boardsie called Fart liked this post

I can never understand how some people are going out for years and have never farted in front of their partner. Are they not uncomfortable holding them in?
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
11-01-2019, 11:36   #25
Porklife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbagofcans View Post
I love that a boardsie called Fart liked this post

I can never understand how some people are going out for years and have never farted in front of their partner. Are they not uncomfortable holding them in?
I have never and would never.. some things are best done in solitude. Do you not think it kinda kills romance? Like couples who p*ss and sh*t in front of each other. I'm all for intimacy but bathroom stuff is definitely my alone time. I don't see how it brings you closer as a couple, if anything it would turn me off my partner, same goes for farting. Do you not find it gross?
Not getting at ya btw, just asking!
(2) thanks from:
11-01-2019, 11:36   #26
Porklife

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspurs View Post
Hmmm ..... Are you just insecure , or fishing for other peoples stories?

Either (or neither) way , something strange here .......
Best of luck with your dual persona's
Far from insecure dude, no need to worry about me
11-01-2019, 11:39   #27

Quote:
Was having a few pints with my flatmate last night who's also my best mate. We were having a laugh, chatting away freely about everything. Around him, especially if we're drinking, I'm completely myself uncensored. I'd tell him my worst stories for comic effect, use language like c*unt, act boisterous and generally have no filter. He knows me instead out.
It got me thinking though, I'd never act that way in front of my boyfriend. I alter my behaviour massively around him. I act way more demure and for want of a better word, ladylike. I still curse and act the maggot but I dilute my wilder stories and tell them in a more coy way.
I've noticed this with my friends too. The lads act one way around me but the minute their girlfriends arrive, they tone it down and reign in the lad talk (again for want of a better term!).
Are you guys the same way and if so, does it mean your partner doesn't truly know you? Should we all be completely unfiltered and 100% ourselves around our partners /potential partners or is a bit of acting par for the course?
I also act differently around guys I fancy. I become all sweet and demure but in reality I'm a bit of a brass tomboy. Maybe I'm just a schizophrenic
My guess is that you're acting the boisterous ladette around your friend, every bit as much as you're acting demure and ladylike around your boyfriend.

I very much doubt that either persona is "100% yourself."
11-01-2019, 11:41   #28
Ush1

Quote:
How is that edgy? You've obviously lived a sheltered life if that's what you consider edgy!
If it isn't edgy, why did you create this thread?
11-01-2019, 11:42   #29
Blazer

Quote:
I bet in your head you added a "cvnt!" after that sentence
(2) thanks from:
11-01-2019, 11:42   #30
Porklife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Gentle Ape View Post
My guess is that you're acting the boisterous ladette around your friend, every bit as much as you're acting demure and ladylike around your boyfriend.

I very much doubt that either persona is the "100% yourself."
I've known my friend since childhood and we've been through the mill together.. bereavements, weddings, breaks ups, break downs. I'm in no way acting around him, I'm being completely myself.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion