Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Rita - Donnybrook-St Patricks Guild

Options
  • 01-09-2018 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

hi

I have started some tentative research

From AAI i have got some basic info

It seems from google a link between Ms Keating and Donnybrook and St patricks and some press re birth mums names registered wrongly

Anyone any experiences with above - good or bad

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭bessboroughboy

decko11 wrote: »
    hi

I have started some tentative research

From AAI i have got some basic info

It seems from google a link between Ms Keating and Donnybrook and St patricks and some press re birth mums names registered wrongly

Anyone any experiences with above - good or bad

From what I remember reading, deliberate misinformation was recorded on certificates in an organised way, in other words, it may be possible to ascertain whether your own records are accurate or not by asking others if any "giveaway" clues exist.

Either way, if you were born after 1967 (or maybe part of or all of 1967 too) all you need to do is visit the GRO and scan through the birth records to narrow it down to male births on your day of birth. You may have extra info. from AAI (mother's first name & your first name) to help narrow it down further.

If born earlier, it takes longer because the books are alphabetical by mother's surname not chronological.

So, seek out your birth certificate (sometimes called original birth certificate) and take it from there, hopefully it will be correct.
    If you find it though, don't attempt to make contact yourself - give the social workers a chance to go through the proper procedures.

Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭decko11

thanks for that

I am post 67 so hopefully easier

suggestion of an interesting article by Mike Milotte this year (in Irish Times) was that politicians / priests/ business men used the above route (St Ritas) when they got young girls pregant with misinformation being the order of the day to avoid any linkage etc

AAI provided no other info other than occupation of mother and her age and said current law precludes anything more and where careful to word letter " our records state" -- and as we all know paper never refused ink.....

Advertisement