Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Identify the type of wooden floor - 1970s parquet

Options
  • 16-07-2020 4:44pm

Hello. (Mods: I already posted in interior design but now thinking people here might have more knowledge on wood types. Please delete one of the threads if that’s a problem) I’d love help identifying the type of wood my floor is made from. It’s a dark reddish brown five finger / checkerboard/ basketweave parquet from the early 70s. An unfinished section under the stairs is also quite reddish. I sanded it a little with an orbital sander and the colour didn’t really change. It’s a very hard wood, can’t dent/scratch it easily. I’m including some pics of both the finished and raw wood. Thanks for your help.

Comments

Advertisement