Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BE 105 service significant changes pending

Options
  • 19-01-2016 2:32am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am very surprised that no one has posted anything here yet, but here we go.

BE are planning significant changes to the 105 service. The planned release date is not yet confirmed, an initial discussion/briefing was given to the Ashbourne District Councillors in December, but I am not sure that the complete plan was disclosed.

What is firm in terms of planning is that there will be a "new" 105 service, which will start in Drogheda, and come via Duleek, Kentstown, Kilmoon Cross, Tayto Park, Ashbourne, Ratoath, and the N3 to Blanchardstown, with a termination at Blanchardstown Hospital.

What is NOT yet clear is if this new service will replace the existing 105 service, or it it is an additional service along the lines of the 109A that covers much of the 109 route, but then goes to an alternate destination closer to Dublin.

There are rumours that the 105 and 103 services will be considerably merged, but there is no indication if the 105 from Ratoath via the N3 to Beresford Place will remain, or if an enhanced service via Ashbourne will replace it.

There was no hint of changes to the "old" 105 route when this new service was discussed in December, and there was ongoing uncertainty about the start date, "for operational reasons", but clearly, BE are going to be looking to make significant changes on the services that serve South East Meath.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Andru93

Well we are still waiting for the changes to the 109 & 111 which were proposed last January.

I'd nearly expect them to do it all at once!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

There is an article in this week's Meath Chronicle about the proposed changes to the Bus Éireann 105 route.

http://www.meathchronicle.ie/news/roundup/articles/2016/01/21/4113068-td-calls-on-bus-eireann-to-reverse-route-changes/

Regina Doherty made a statement about it, dated Friday 15th January.

Here is the statement below:

http://reginadoherty.blogspot.ie/2016/01/doherty-calls-for-reversal-of-proposed.html

DOHERTY calls for reversal of proposed changes to Bus Eireann Route 105

"Fine Gael TD for Meath East, Regina Doherty, has called on Bus Eireann to reverse proposed changes to Route 105 which will see the new terminus at Connolly Hospital and will no longer bring commuters from Duleek, Kentstown, Ashbourne, and Ratoath to the city centre".

"Doherty said “it is absolutely ludicrous for Bus Eireann to make proposed changes to this route which will see hundreds of Meath unable to travel directly to Dublin city centre every day. I am also beyond disappointed that Bus Eireann appears to have failed to adequately communicate these proposed changes to their customers".

“Cllr Sean Smith has already made a number of representations to Bus Eireann who have indicated that they intend to implement the proposed changes to route 105 as soon as the end of January”.

"Doherty continued “time really is of the essence here. I have requested a meeting with Bus Eireann as a matter of utmost urgency where I will call for the reversal of the proposed changes to route 105".

“Commuters who travel seven days a week on this Bus Eireann service consist of students, professionals and old age pensioners; should these changes be implemented, hundreds of passengers will essentially be left stranded at Connolly Hospital every day”.

"Concluding, the Meath East Deputy said “I am at a loss as to why Bus Eireann have proposed these changes, and it appears to me that they are the sole benefactor of any such changes. This is simply not good enough and I will continue to work with local representatives and commuters to ensure that these proposed changes are reversed.”

I am very surprised that no one has posted anything here yet, but here we go.

BE are planning significant changes to the 105 service. The planned release date is not yet confirmed, an initial discussion/briefing was given to the Ashbourne District Councillors in December, but I am not sure that the complete plan was disclosed.

What is firm in terms of planning is that there will be a "new" 105 service, which will start in Drogheda, and come via Duleek, Kentstown, Kilmoon Cross, Tayto Park, Ashbourne, Ratoath, and the N3 to Blanchardstown, with a termination at Blanchardstown Hospital.

What is NOT yet clear is if this new service will replace the existing 105 service, or it it is an additional service along the lines of the 109A that covers much of the 109 route, but then goes to an alternate destination closer to Dublin.

There are rumours that the 105 and 103 services will be considerably merged, but there is no indication if the 105 from Ratoath via the N3 to Beresford Place will remain, or if an enhanced service via Ashbourne will replace it.

There was no hint of changes to the "old" 105 route when this new service was discussed in December, and there was ongoing uncertainty about the start date, "for operational reasons", but clearly, BE are going to be looking to make significant changes on the services that serve South East Meath.

I was reading the statement by Regina Doherty, where it is stated:

"Fine Gael TD for Meath East, Regina Doherty, has called on Bus Eireann to reverse proposed changes to Route 105 which will see the new terminus at Connolly Hospital and will no longer bring commuters from Duleek, Kentstown, Ashbourne, and Ratoath to the city centre".

Does the 105 currently, or did it ever, serve Duleek and Kentstown?

I didn't see either Duleek or Kentstown listed as stops on the current 105 timetable.

Am I correct in thinking that neither Duleek or Kentstown were ever served on the 105 bus route and that Kentstown was never served on the 103 route?

If so, it sounds like Regina Doherty's statement is inaccurate regarding her reference to Duleek and Kentstown. Her statement suggests that Duleek and Kentstown are currently served on the 105 route.

If it is the case that she is inaccurate, then what is happening is that, in the proposals, Bus Éireann is adding a service to Kentstown that was not previously there.

As far as I know, the only Bus Éireann service that goes through Kentstown, currently, is a 107 service between Navan and Dublin that runs Monday to Friday, from Navan Square at 6.50am - 8.05am and 4pm on Saturdays - and then return from Dublin at Beresford Place, Monday to Saturday at 5.40pm.

Is this 107 service, the only Bus Éireann route that covers Kentstown currently?

http://buseireann.ie/timetables/1425902111-107.pdf.

http://buseireann.ie/timetables/1425902092-105.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭thomasj

I'm lost!

What bus eireann is planning is in the public interest for these areas.

It is planning one route to the city using the fastest option (let's be honest N2 route is faster than N3 route) and at the same time keeps the connection to blanchardstown. It also gives the people of kentstown, duleek and Drogheda direct travel options to the blanchardstown centre that wasn't there before.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

From reading some of the releases in recent days, it sounds like the 105 is almost deserted outside of peak hours, and not paying, so the plan is to make more 103 services available, over a wider area of Ratoath, and the "new" 105 will (as mentioned above) cover places that don't at present have a service, or at best have a limited service.

There will be a bus every 20 minutes from Ratoath to Ashbourne and onward to Dublin, and at peak periods there will be 103 and 105 "X" limited stop services, and the areas between Ashbourne and Drogheda will get an improved or new service in addition to the service that's already serving Drogheda and beyond from Ashbourne.

What would help considerably is if BE were to introduce through ticketing that would allow a change from the 105 to the 103 in Ashbourne, to facilitate people who want to go to or from Dublin to places like Tayto Park, or Kentstown, or have a similar interchange facility from the 105 to the 109 somewhere in the Blanchardstown area.

The good aspect of this is that it makes it a LOT easier for people to get to the 2 major hospitals that serve the area, and the service from Ashbourne to Blanchardstown will be massively improved from one every 2 hours to one every 30 minutes.

Yes, there is a case to be made that this area should probably be served by Dublin Bus, with routes to places like Swords, but that's not an argument that is likely to be won any time soon, there would be huge arguments from the unions and the like were such a sensible move to be made, but at least BE are at last (in the face of strong competition in Ashbourne from Ashbourne Connect) starting to make changes that may make their service more attractive.

• Advertisement

I am not a regular user of the 105, but I knew it covered Ashbourne and Ratoath, to and from Dublin, so when I first read the first line of Regina Doherty's statement, the first thing I wondered was whether or not the 105 bus covered Kentstown or Duleek.

I contacted Bus Éireann to confirm if the 105 or 103 currently cover Kentstown and I was told that they do not.

Regina Doherty is incorrect in stating that the 105 covers Kentstown and Duleek.

The wording of Regina Doherty's press statement suggests that she is not very familiar with the 105 route, if in the first line she talks about it covering Kentstown and Duleek:

http://reginadoherty.blogspot.ie/2016/01/doherty-calls-for-reversal-of-proposed.html

It seems to me that the proposed changes, outlined by Irish Steve and thomasj, would actually result in Kentstown and Duleek getting an additional service to and from Drogheda, and Blanchardstown.

Regina Doherty's statement does not acknowledge that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,560 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Looking at the article again, I think that it's clear that there is going to be a major overhaul of Bus Eireann services in Meath on both the N2 and N3 corridors.

I also think that the TD has got her wires seriously crossed in terms of the route changes.

I suspect what is going to happen is the following:

Route 105, Route 105X and Route 189/189A
    The existing route 105 (currently City Centre - N3 - Ratoath - Ashbourne) and routes 189/189a (Ashbourne - N2 - Balrath Cross - Duleek - Drogheda - Clogher Head) services are going to merge at the southern end, to offer a Blanchardstown Hospital - Dunboyne - Ratoath - Ashbourne - N2 - Tayto Park - Kilmoon Cross - Balrath Cross - O'Brien's Cross - Duleek - Drogheda - Clogher Head service (possibly also serving Kentstown en route). Additional services will operate every hour between Ashbourne and Blanchardstown Hospital via Ratoath and Dunboyne every hour to offer a 30 minute frequency on that section of the route.

There will also be peak hour services along the existing 105 route, to be denoted 105X, from Ashbourne to Dublin City Centre via Ratoath, Blanchardstown and the N3.

Route 103 and Route 103X
    The 103 will now operate every 20 minutes from Townsend Street via the N2 to Ashbourne and Ratoath, thereby maintaining the current service of 3 buses an hour linking Ratoath with Dublin city centre during the day that is offered by the combined 103 and 105 schedules.

It would appear that the existing route 103 services from Dublin via the N2 to Kilmoon Cross and along the R152 to Duleek is the service that is being cut back, being replaced by a peak hour only 103X. Now, I could be wrong about this, unless some buses will continue from Ratoath along the R155 to Kilmoon Cross and Duleek, but that is not clear from the article.

Route 107
    This route (Dublin - N2 - Ashbourne - Balrath Cross - Kentstown - Navan) would appear to remain unchanged.

We have yet to see what the revised final proposals for the N3 corridor will include that will involve redesigning routes 109 and 111, but I suspect that these will all take place at the same time.

There's a couple of issues with the above, the "new" 105 is NOT coming from Duleek to Kilmoon cross via the existing 103 or 189 route, but will be covering Duleek, Kentstown, and then Tayto Park, then Ashbourne, Ratoath (presumably via Nine Mile Stone), and onward to Blanchardstown,

There's no indication of what's happening to the 189 routes, they were not mentioned at all in the recent presentation to the Ashbourne Councillors, and neither was the plan to end the 105 service from the city to Blanchardstown, but realistically, the only area now not being covered in the same way is the section from Ratoath to the old N3 junction, at Piercetown/Black Bull and there will still be services on that section, just not to the town other than the peak period 105X that's not yet been properly notified.

If the timings are right, it should be possible for the 109 to interchange with the 105 somewhere in Blanchardstown, or (even better) at M3 Parkway. Having said that, it would make a lot more sense for the 109 to run via DPT non stop to M3 Parkway, with DB providing the feeder services into M3 Parkway from the City and Blanchardstown shopping centre, and ideally the industrial estates, but that would require some joined up thinking from the State transport providers, which they're not renown for. In the same vein, an interchange option in Ashbourne for people wanting to go to the city centre from places served by the 105 would also make sense, but again, I suspect that won't happen any time soon.

BE are clearly worried by the success of Ashbourne Connect, and at last, there is real competition for the route from Ashbourne, it's long overdue. It will be "interesting" to see how this review eventually pans out, the plans for a regular service for the 2 major hospitals in the area has to be welcomed, and if they get it right, it will at least mean that there's not 3 buses from Ashbourne to Ratoath that are almost following each other down the Ballybin road, which is what happens at the moment, there's regularly a 103 to Ratoath, a 105 from Ashbourne to the city, and a 109A from the Airport to Kells, which is crazy scheduling, one bus should be more than capable of servicing the local demand from Ashbourne to Ratoath. Another option would be for the 109A to go via Curragha to Ratoath, rather than the loop up to the Pilo Hotel, and then back to the Ballybin Road as at present, and even better if there's a two way service along the road from Nine Mile Stone to Ratoath.

At least they are at last looking at these services, given the length of time the N/M2 and 3 have been in operation, some upgrades are long overdue, an emphasis on "X" limited stop, especially at peak times, should have happened some time ago.

The only difference I can see between the proposed 105 and existing 189/188A is that it's suggested that the 105 will serve Kentstown and Tayto Park (which I would assume would only be during opening hours by diverting in and out of the N2).

Apart from that they follow exactly the same route serving O'Brien's Cross and Balrath Cross on the N2.

There would be no sense in maintaining both of them.

The 103 is the only route that operates directly from Kilmoon Cross and Duleek.

Update, after a presentation by BE at the Ashbourne Metropolitan District meeting in Ashbourne this morning.

The 105 service will run hourly from Drogheda, and there will be a service half hourly from Tayto Park to Blanchardstown Hospital, via Ashbourne, 9 Mile Stone, Ratoath, and then onward to Connolly Hospital.

The 103 service will be changed to serve primarily Ashbourne and Ratoath, with changes in Ratoath to cover more of the newer estates, such as Steeplechase. There will be up to 3 services per hour, all 84 seat double decker buses. The service will start earlier, and finish later in the day, with the first inbound service at 05:30 during the week, and later at weekends.

The route in Dublin will change, with Whitworth Road and onward to Beresford Place being dropped (the problems of Croke Park delays were cited as one reason), the new route will be through Phibsboro, Constitution Hill (DIT) and along the Quays.

Some 103 services will NOT serve the old N2, and will instead be routed along the M2, and there will also be a 103X service that will serve Kilmoon Cross and Duleek, (via the existing route) but these will only operate at peak periods, and continue to or from UCD. It was not clear if the M2 services will also operate during the day, or at peak hours only.

There will also be a 105X service to UCD, morning and evening services only but it was not clear if this will be from Drogheda or from Tayto Park.

There was considerable concern expressed by the councillors that there will be insufficient capacity at Ashbourne for morning peaks, due to the numbers travelling from Ratoath. BE were vague about their ability to provide extra resources to cover these periods, citing NTA restrictions on their ability to provide relief services to cover over crowding.

There is uncertainty about the Tayto park services during the periods when the park is closed, which may affect the service to Curragha. The exact route through this area was not made clear.

Negotiations with "the unions" regarding changed rosters, and Meath County Council regarding the positioning of new bus stops on the road from 9 Mile Stone to Ratoath, and in the new 105 route areas are meaning that BE are now not expecting this new service to be introduced before Mid March.

the 107 service from Navan via Kentstown will remain, there was nothing said about the 189 service from Ashbourne to Drogheda and onward to Termonfeckin, I suspect that the section from Drogheda to Ashbourne will be replaced by the new 105 service.

• Advertisement

This news release provides an overview and an implementation date (3 April), but we've yet to see the full detail in terms of the revised timetables and specific routings, and still no mention of the impact on the 189/189A!!

http://www.buseireann.ie/news_timetable.php?id=1961&month=Feb
    N2/M2 Corridor Network Improvements

N2/M2 Corridor Network Improvements

Bus Éireann in conjunction with the National Transport Authority has carried out a review of their services on the N2/M2 corridor over recent months. The review has taken account of changing travel patterns, customer feedback, the changing demographic profile of both Ashbourne and Ratoath, the changing dynamic of Dublin City and the impact of the introduction of Luas Cross City.

The aim of the review was to make significant improvements to the network of services that would attract more passengers to public transport at all times of the day and throughout the week. The particular focus was on the key towns of Ratoath and Ashbourne for the delivery of an enhanced public transport network that will provide the following:
    • Enhanced frequency throughout the week and on Saturday & Sundays
      • 32 additional daily weekday trips from Ratoath to Dublin
      • 10 additional daily weekday trips from Ratoath to Blanchardstown
      • 05 additional daily weekday trips from Ashbourne to Dublin
      • 19 additional daily weekday trips from Ashbourne to Blanchardstown
      • Enhanced connections to locations other than Dublin City Centre including:
        • Blanchardstown Shopping Centre (Revised Route 105)
        • James Connolly Hospital Blanchardstown (Revised Route 105)
        • Drogheda, Duleek & Kentstown (Revised Route 105)
        • Dunboyne (Revised Route 105)
        • Tayto Park (Revised Route 103 & 105)
        • Improved linkages between the twin towns of Ratoath & Ashbourne – 6 buses per hour
        • Improved links to St Stephens Green and the south city centre
        • Improved links to 3rd Level Colleges including the new D.I.T Campus at Grangegorman
        • Better connectivity with other public transport services to enable onward trips within Dublin City – Dublin Bus, Irish Rail and Luas.
        • Direct limited stop weekday services (103X & 105X) to/from the South City Centre & UCD in the am and pm peak periods
    The revised network of services has been approved by the National Transport Authority and will be introduced on 3 April 2016. The following is a summary of the revised network of services:

Route 103: Ratoath – Ashbourne - Dublin
    • All services will now start in Ratoath and provide a bus every 20mins from Ratoath to Dublin City via Ashbourne, the N2 or M2 and Finglas.
      • Weekdays – Every 20 mins from 06:02hrs to 21:02hrs & then every 30 mins until 00:32hrs.
      • Saturdays – Every 30 mins from 07:02hrs to 13:02hrs, then every 20 mins until 19:02hrs & then every 30 mins until 00:32hrs.
      • Sundays – Every 60 mins from 08:02hrs to 13:02hrs, then every 30 mins until 19:22hrs & then every 60 mins until 00:32hrs.
      • All services will now operate via a revised routing serving a greater part of Ratoath in particular the “Steeplechase” development and the housing areas adjacent to the “Tesco Express” supermarket. It is intended that the route would extend further down the Fairyhouse Rd towards the M3 to better serve the housing in that area, subject to the delivery of infrastructure to turn the bus. The new Route 105 (see below) will double the number of services on the Fairyhouse Rd and customers will be able to change onto Route 103 services at a number of stops in Ratoath.
      • All services will be operated by Double Deck vehicles thereby providing increased capacity
      • A revised route will operate inbound to the city centre via Phibsboro, Broadstone, Western Way, Blessington Street & O’Connell St with the last stop being Townsend St adjacent to Trinity College.
      • All Outbound journeys will continue to depart from Beresford Place and operate the current route via Gardiner St, Dorset St and Whitworth Rd.
      • A Route 103X limited stop service will operate in the morning and evening peak periods providing a direct service from Duleek/Kentstown, Kilmoon Cross & Ashbourne to the City Centre and onwards to UCD via the M2 Motorway
      • Local connectivity from Duleek & Kilmoon will be provided by an enhanced Route 105 service which will provide frequent connections with Route 103 to Dublin at Ashbourne
    Route 105: Drogheda – Duleek – Kentstown – Ashbourne – Ratoath – Blanchardstown – Connolly Hospital

Route 105 will no longer operate to the city centre in its current format and will be replaced by an enhanced service that will operate between Drogheda and Connolly Hospital, Blanchardstown and provide the following:
    • An hourly service linking Drogheda to Connolly Hospital via Duleek, Kentstown, Ashbourne, Ratoath and Dunboyne.
      • Monday to Saturday – Every 60 mins from 06:30hrs to 18:30hrs with the final service at 20:30hrs
      • Sunday – Every 60 mins from 08:30hrs to 18:30hrs with the final service at 20:30hrs
      • A 30min service linking Ashbourne to Connolly Hospital via Ratoath and Dunboyne
        • Monday to Saturday – Every 30 mins from 06:52hrs to 19:52hrs with the final service at 21:22hrs
        • Sunday – Every 60 mins from 09:22hrs to 19:22hrs with the final service at 21:22hrs
        • A Route 105X limited stop service will now operate in the morning and evening peak periods providing a direct service from Ashbourne & Ratoath to the City Centre and onwards to UCD via Fairyhouse Rd and the M3 Motorway.
        • The new Route 105 will double the number of services on the Fairyhouse Rd and customers will be able to change onto Route 103 services at a number of stops in Ratoath.
        • The enhanced Route 103 outlined above will now provide the main service between Ratoath and Dublin rather than Route 105
    The revised Route 105 will provide a greater range of local links connecting customers to employment, retail, education and health facilities, in the Blanchardstown area as well as North Meath and Drogheda and will facilitate interchange onto Route 103 in Ashbourne.

Customer Information

Prior to the implementation of these service changes a full range of customer communications will be provided to explain the major benefits of the changes and to assist our customers with any concerns they may have.

Details of the changes will be communicated to customers in the following manner:
    • Customer Communication & Timetable Booklet provided to all houses in Ashbourne/Ratoath
    • Customer Communication Notice & Timetables available at www.buseireann.ie
    • Customer Notices displayed on all Vehicles
    • Local Radio & Newspapers
    • Social Media – Twitter & Facebook
    • Local Media etc

We would like to thank our customers for their continued support of public transport in Ratoath and Ashbourne and we look forward to welcoming you on board our improved services in the near future.

If you have any feedback or suggestions in relation to the above please forward to customercare@buseireann.ie

Saturday, 27th February, 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭thomasj

Nice idea on the 00.30 departure

Now if they could pass that idea onto their sister bus company

thomasj wrote: »
    Nice idea on the 00.30 departure

Now if they could pass that idea onto their sister bus company
    That's presumably inbound - those are the times from Ratoath - that would be the last bus from town heading back to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

I think BE are missing a trick by not sending the 103 back out via
    Phibsboro,particularly in the light of DIT Grangegorman business.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

What's interesting in this is that the departure seems to still be Beresford Place, which was clearly stated in the January meeting with the council in Ashbourne as being changed to the South side. What's happened to take that change out of the plan, as it was implied that the move away from Beresford Place was because of "security concerns". The move away from Whitworth Road was supposedly due to "delays caused by events at Croke Park", yet they are now going back on that part of the plan as well. I can't see the sense in not covering the same route inbound and outbound,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Vic_08

AlekSmart wrote: »
    I think BE are missing a trick by not sending the 103 back out via
    Phibsboro,particularly in the light of DIT Grangegorman business.

Awkward route to get to from Beresford Place these days, LUAS works have left Parnell Street a complete disaster for traffic.

Although Beresford Place is not particularly well located for many passengers it has one big advantage for timekeeping in that 95% of passengers load at the terminus. The bus can be loaded before departure time and be on it's way with minimal dwell time at intermediate stops.

The revised timetables are now live on the BE website:
    103, 105, 103X & 105X

Still unclear if the 189/189A remain unchanged.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Geog1234

The 189 will revert to being a standalone route Clogher Head/ Grangebellew - Drogheda (as it was till November 2013) and the 189A is cancelled.

Geog1234 wrote: »
    The 189 will revert to being a standalone route Clogher Head/ Grangebellew - Drogheda (as it was till November 2013) and the 189A is cancelled.

As I predicted some time back!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

What will this mean for people in Duleek who do currently enjoy a direct Bus Eireann service to Dublin city centre?

I assume that is the real point Regina Doherty was making.

• Advertisement

The 103X and 105X will continue to provide a peak hour Monday/Friday service between Duleek and Dublin city centre.

Outside of those, they will have a more frequent route 105 service linking Duleek with Drogheda, Ashbourne and Blanchardstown (replacing the 189 and 189A), and will have to connect in Ashbourne with the re-routed 103 to/from Dublin.

What will this mean for people in Duleek who do currently enjoy a direct Bus Eireann service to Dublin city centre?

I assume that is the real point Regina Doherty was making.

Her statement from 15th January, read like she wasn't familiar with the 105 route, considering she suggested that passengers for Duleek and Kentstown could take the 105 route - the timetable that ends on 2nd April - to Dublin.

The first line of the statement states:

The new 105 route which will serve Duleek, from 3rd April, http://buseireann.ie/timetables/1458122615-105-April-3rd.pdf, I think will have 15 services to and from Duleek and Blanchardstown, Monday to Saturday and 12 services to and from, on Sundays.

The current 103 service - that will end on 2nd April - to and from Ratoath to Dublin which covers Duleek on some of its services - to and from Duleek to Dublin - I think has seven services Monday to Friday to and Dublin and on Saturdays and Sundays four services to and from Dublin. http://buseireann.ie/timetables/1425902071-103.pdf

Would the greater number of services from Duleek on the new 105 service to Blanchardstown, compared to 103 service that ends on 2nd April, be useful - even though it would take longer to get to Dublin - if passengers from Duleek, who are going to Dublin, who may take the new 105 route that ends at Blanchardstown, - could connect with the new 103 service to Dublin, at either Ratoath or Ashbourne?

This new 103 service will have buses every 20 minutes to and from Dublin and Ashbourne and Ratoath, throughout most of the day, Monday to Friday. It also has a very frequent schedule for Saturdays and Sundays.

For example, on Monday to Friday the new 105 timetable states that the first bus from Duleek at 6.47am, is due in Ashbourne Kelly's stop at 7.24am and Ratoath Tesco Roundabout stop at 7.42am. The next 103 service to Dublin, Monday to Friday, from Ratoath Tesco Roundabout is 7.42am.

From Ashbourne Kelly's stop, there is a 103 service at 7.36am.

http://buseireann.ie/timetables/1458122615-105-April-3rd.pdf

http://buseireann.ie/timetables/1457701578-103-April-3rd.pdf

I attached a file of each of the four timetables, the old and new 103 and old and new 105 timetables, to be able to compare them, because I expect that the 103 and 105 timetables that end on 2nd April, will by the weekend, be removed off the Bus Éireann website, and the links I included above may not work after that stage.

here is the link to the leaflet about changes to the various route, from Bus Éireann's website

Regina Doherty will no doubt be assured that passengers from Ratoath and Ashbourne will still be able to get a bus from both locations into Dublin City Centre!:)

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1459332100-M2-Customer-Information-Booklet.pdf

Advertisement