Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how can I find out what time the bus is at ?

Options
  • 07-04-2016 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭

folks, forgive me if this is a stupid question, but how can I find out at what time there is a bus due a a particular stop tomorrow ?

I know I can get live updates - tomorrow, but how can I find out tonight that the XX bus wull be at the YY stop at ZZhrs 22mins

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,798 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

You can't.

You can go to the timetables, and guesstimate the time it will take from the terminus using the sectors (at the bottom of the timetable page) - but how long a bus takes will depend on traffic and conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,245 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Go to a-b.ie and click on "find a timetable", put in the route number, select the correct route and you can download a timetable for all stops.

These timetables are designed for the purposes of the journey planner and hence they aren't necessarily the most user friendly. It should however give you a reasonable approximation on journey time and departure times for intermediate stops. It can be slightly hit and miss on which timetable (weekday, Saturday, Sunday) gets listed first.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

thats exactly it thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

You can also download the national journey planner app or use the journey planner at www.a-b.ie and enter the journey you want to do and it will list out guide times - bear in mind that they can change based on traffic en route.

Advertisement