Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Nurse hoping to do Medicine in 2019

Options
  • 15-03-2017 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey guys i'm just wondering have any of you done nursing and gone onto medicine?
    or have any of ye completed the GAMSAT in yere final year of college?
    I'm only in second year but would like to enter the GEM course as soon as i can.

so if any of ye friendly people could give me advice that would be great!

I completely underestimated how much work is required for the Gamsat

Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 431 ✭✭Killergreene

GamsAt is fine. If u have an email I can send u on the materials I used to study for it a few years back. I know a few nurses who did it. You'll have a good foundation for the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 EmmaH21

GamsAt is fine. If u have an email I can send u on the materials I used to study for it a few years back. I know a few nurses who did it. You'll have a good foundation for the course.

Thank you so much I PM'd you! While I have you how many times did you take the GAMSAT ?

Thank you so much I PM'd you! While I have you how many times did you take the GAMSAT ?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 debbysoap

Hey, I hope this isn't too forward but any chance that I could please please please get these materials emailed to me also?
    Thank you!
    Planning on doing GAMSAT this September

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mossie23

Hey, I'm a Nurse and just finished 2nd year of GEM. There are about 4 other Nurses in my year, 3 of whom are Irish. Put the head down, and get the work done and you'll fly it!
    I sat the GAMSAT at the end of final year in the UK at the end of my internship. it was fine studying for it as was only working in hospital 3/4 days a week. Then worked for a year in Dublin and saved up cash for the programme.

• Advertisement

Hey would I be able to get in touch with you to ask you a few questions please ? Thanks so much for the reply !

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mir71

EmmaH21 wrote: »
    Hey guys i'm just wondering have any of you done nursing and gone onto medicine?
    or have any of ye completed the GAMSAT in yere final year of college?
    I'm only in second year but would like to enter the GEM course as soon as i can.

so if any of ye friendly people could give me advice that would be great!

I completely underestimated how much work is required for the Gamsat

Thanks in advance! :)
    Hi Emma
    Did you sit the Gamsat this year? How was it

mir71 wrote: »
    Hi Emma
    Did you sit the Gamsat this year? How was it

Not yet, I am sitting it this September.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Scruffdog

Hey! I did the GAMSAT twice, both in my final year. I ended up getting accepted to Cork. I’m an arts student rather than a nursing student however. If you have any questions feel free to ask me!

Advertisement