Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NXT UK Takeover: Dublin - Show finally cancelled

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Have we seen this sort of setup on tv before? Just wondering how it will look with the ring at the top of the arena rather than the middle like usual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,885 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Have we seen this sort of setup on tv before? Just wondering how it will look with the ring at the top of the arena rather than the middle like usual

Its going to be interesting but feel the seating chart maybe wrong and the hard cam maybe be at the back of seating area B or D. Gorilla could be there or in a room backstage. You will be surprised how well the arena will look with the way wwe will configure there cameras. If they can make the royal Albert hall and Emrpess ballroom work than a modernish Arena like the 3arena will work

The hydro is Glasgow is of a similar shape to the 3arena and it looked amazing for the TV tapings a few years back.

selling well it seems, low availabilty on the TM page atm

sadly i think
    Walter vs Finn
    will be at tampa takeover instead of here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

PTH2009 wrote: »
    selling well it seems, low availabilty on the TM page atm

sadly i think
    Walter vs Finn
    will be at tampa takeover instead of here

Wouldnt shock me if it was both, some kind of interference at Tampa

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Wouldnt shock me if it was both, some kind of interference at Tampa

A new balor club vs all of Imperium in Dublin

Is this weeks episode that aired the last of the Jan's York tapings and next weeks is the first of this weekends Coventry tapings ?

• Advertisement

A new balor club vs all of Imperium in Dublin

Is this weeks episode that aired the last of the Jan's York tapings and next weeks is the first of this weekends Coventry tapings ?

Yup. We’ll start getting build next week

Yup. We’ll start getting build next week

Deadly its actually a decent brand

Is it better for us just getting the takeover event or are we missing out somehow not getting TV tapings after it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭showpony1

Deadly its actually a decent brand

incredible what announcing a Dublin show does to opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

It's kinda like NXT proper on downers. It's good, there's usually some good wrestling, everything is pretty functional and makes sense, it's just all pretty slow, a bit lifeless and dull. I'm going to the Takeover, I'm looking forward to it, but you'll have a tough job convincing people to watch what is essentially a soulless ripoff of a once thriving UK scene.

Looks like they’ll put a ban on events of 5000 or more.
    This should be fine

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

This should be fine

I'd say this would fall foul of numbers.

I would personally hope/believe the ban won't last till the end of April though.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'd say this would fall foul of numbers.

I would personally hope/believe the ban won't last till the end of April though.

With just the lower tier open would it be 5000?

You’d hope we’d be fine by April tho yes!

It's all a big pain in the whole this virus stuff

https://3arena.ie/new-page/important-customer-information

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Kinda looks like this for taped MMA

0_inpho_00978960.jpg

That's how it was for the TNA show and WWA back in the day too. I think that's how it was setup for at least one of the WWE shows I went to years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭SteM

This should be fine

Has this been confirmed or are you speculating?

SteM wrote: »
    Has this been confirmed or are you speculating?

Was in the indo and times today. Seemed to be planned but not fully announced .

Face off between
    Tyler Bate and Finn
    last night at the first night Coventry taping.

That could be our match; which would be a stormer!

They came together backstage at Worlds Collide earlier this year, so makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Face off between
    Tyler Bate and Finn
    last night at the first night Coventry taping.

I would hope to jaysus Finn goes over, they're finally doing him justice so way too early for him to be jobbing to the upstart jigolo of the company.

Ilja Dragunov won a NxT uk championship no1 contender match. So looks like he’ll take on winner of Walter/Finn depending on Tampa (which could well happen there)

• Advertisement

Ilja Dragunov won a NxT uk championship no1 contender match. So looks like he’ll take on winner of Walter/Finn depending on Tampa (which could well happen there)

I had originally thought before all the Walter/Balor stuff that we'd get Devlin vs Walter & Finn Balor vs Tyler Bate as our main events.

They must not see Devlin in that role and may give Balor the big home coming and Devlin beat someone in a strong showing for cruiser weight title.

showpony1 wrote: »
    I had originally thought before all the Walter/Balor stuff that we'd get Devlin vs Walter & Finn Balor vs Tyler Bate as our main events.

They must not see Devlin in that role and may give Balor the big home coming and Devlin beat someone in a strong showing for cruiser weight title.

So did I, but Ilja deserves this shot. Wouldnt shock me in Walter lost to Finn at Tampa, then we get Ilja Balor, Walter/Tyler against Devlin

All the matches for Dublin will prob be announced on social media if they already taped TV episodes

Just under 6 weeks til this and the biggest battle of all the world vs Coronavirus could stand in the way

I'm just imagining Ticketmaster keeping the charges if there's a refund, can't imagine we get the full amount back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭the deftone

This is now looking very unlikely to go ahead. We will know on Friday.

This is now looking very unlikely to go ahead. We will know on Friday.

Nothing postponed that far out anywhere yet

Start of April seems to be what most countries have planned until so far.

May well not go ahead. But too early to say yet

Nothing postponed that far out anywhere yet

Start of April seems to be what most countries have planned until so far.

May well not go ahead. But too early to say yet

E3 was meant to be in June, and thats cancelled.

I'd be very surprised if this goes ahead, but I think they'll post-pone stuff in blocks. So, we'll know soon that everything is cancelled up to, say, April 5th, but won't hear about this till 3 weeks out.

I havent been really interested in any of the house show stuff that's come around in recent years even the good ones like NXT with Nakamura and Joe I believe a couple years back

I jumped on this when announced, the first time WWE will be live from Ireland albeit the D show really it's still a spectacle and it'll be disappointing when it's cancelled

• Advertisement

Whole situation is frustrating

You want to plan ahead and be excited for things but feel you're going to be very disappointed. Even going to the pub to drown the sorrows might not be an option ha

Have a concert this day week in the 3arena but still none the wiser wtf will happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Have a concert this day week in the 3arena but still none the wiser wtf will happen

well you know now - that's postponed!

well you know now - that's postponed!

Yeah

Wait and see for this I suppose

Hopefully the current actions help and we will be back to normality in about a month

Hopefully it will get rescheduled for after the summer

Could see this happening in the UK performance centre

Too early to worry yet lads, let’s see how this current plan works.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Fair to say it won't be on in April. There is no vaccine, therefore it won't be over in a month.

Might get the show in October when all the marathons are getting reset for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

DM_7 wrote: »
    Fair to say it won't be on in April. There is no vaccine, therefore it won't be over in a month.

Might get the show in October when all the marathons are getting reset for.

Actually with the Spanish Flu (I believe) and the arrival of a warmer climate, it naturally dissipated once April arrived. Now it later returned when the colder weather returned in autumn as they still didn’t have a vaccine in place, but there’s precedent for things stabilising naturally in a pandemic.

Truth is none of us have a clue how this will play out and trying to speculate is an exercise in futility. Experts themselves are giving educated assessments on how to best contain things and slow down the spread, that’s where we’re at.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

leggo wrote: »
    Actually with the Spanish Flu (I believe) and the arrival of a warmer climate, it naturally dissipated once April arrived. Now it later returned when the colder weather returned in autumn as they still didn’t have a vaccine in place, but there’s precedent for things stabilising naturally in a pandemic.

Truth is none of us have a clue how this will play out and trying to speculate is an exercise in futility. Experts themselves are giving educated assessments on how to best contain things and slow down the spread, that’s where we’re at.

Did they have many indoor events like this during that Flu?

I just see no way an indoor event like this can take place as soon as april.

If it's rescheduled for a later date with same tickets i won't mind - i got great seats so don't want to go through the process again.

Sadly this is inevitability going to be cancelled/postponed

very much love if i was postponed for later in the year

Stay save everyone and keep the heads up

• Advertisement

Takover Florida is cancelled - hopefully a chance to get some bigger matches including Balor/Walter on this card.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

showpony1 wrote: »
    Takover Florida is cancelled - hopefully a chance to get some bigger matches including Balor/Walter on this card.

Except there isn’t a chance takeover Dublin is still gonna go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭ThePott

Postponing this is absolute best case.
    I had good tickets which I'd love to hold on to but this is not going to go ahead in April.

Ringside tickets seem to be available now

This hopefully might get rescheduled in place of what could be Takeover Cardiff II (which was held August 31st last year)

Ott postponing there April events

Hard to see this not being cancelled/postponed

Shame really but this situation around the world at the moment was so unprecedented

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

Its going to be months until things are back to normal, there's not a hope it'll go ahead. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if almost everything, gigs, sporting events etc are cancelled until Sept at the earliest.

xtal191 wrote: »
    Its going to be months until things are back to normal, there's not a hope it'll go ahead. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if almost everything, gigs, sporting events etc are cancelled until Sept at the earliest.

Really hope that Sep timeline will not be right and see some sort of sport for the summer months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Really hope that Sep timeline will not be right and see some sort of sport for the summer months

Look at Italy and Spain...... its gonns get a whole lot worse here before it gets better. The experts are all guessing timelines, no one knows. **** gigs, entertainment, sport...... just pray your loved ones and those close to you sre here come Sept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

It’s alright for people to hope and look forward to things to be fair, even if they are unimportant in the grand scheme. Better to focus on random stuff like NXT Dublin and have a bit of hope than to be up the walls permanently about something we all have minimal control over where people we know might die. When AEW was good last week, or when Tom Brady left the Patriots, I was delighted to have something a bit ‘normal’ to focus on for a while.

leggo wrote: »
    It’s alright for people to hope and look forward to things to be fair, even if they are unimportant in the grand scheme. Better to focus on random stuff like NXT Dublin and have a bit of hope than to be up the walls permanently about something we all have minimal control over where people we know might die. When AEW was good last week, or when Tom Brady left the Patriots, I was delighted to have something a bit ‘normal’ to focus on for a while.

Yeap, fully agree.

One of the most damaging aspects of all this, at least for me, is it’s stripped pretty much everything away that I was looking forward too.

And don’t get me wrong, it’s the priority. I don’t resent why it’s happened. But it doesn’t mean I’m not upset either. Human beings need short and long term goals, things they can look forward to and escape, even if only temporarily, in to.

Not having a single discernible thing in life to look forward to is rough. Even worse when you’re sitting at home, waiting for the inevitable sickness to hit :/

A little bit of escapism is absolutely needed every now and again,

• Advertisement
Advertisement