Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jack Burton's adventures in Arcade restoring

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

It might be different with crazy taxi but usually you use the service 1 and service 2 buttons to go up an down the test menu then press p1 start to select the option.

It's done with the test and service buttons on this one but it just won't work....I'll have a hour spare in the morning so I'll test it out then properly

It's done with the test and service buttons on this one but it just won't work....I'll have a hour spare in the morning so I'll test it out then properly

Does it go into test mode at all? wonder is the i/o ok? they rarely go but i've had one go flaky aswel but looked burnt up so you should see something.. if you had another cart to test? Ollie has a jambo safari for sale might be worth getting so you sould see is the cart or i/o at fault (although I suspect the cart) otherwise maybe send it to Ollie and get him to pop it in his?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Ollie has a jambo safari for sale might be worth getting so you sould see is the cart or i/o at fault (although I suspect the cart)
    was just PMing him about it :D:D
    send it to Ollie and get him to pop it in his?

KEnQ.gif

Lazersteak 1 second ago at 10:04pm Edit Post Edit Quote Lazersteak Quote Post Reply Reply
    So I got a bit more testing on this tonight.

First off I played a game and the menu popped up again after a minute or 2 but didn't do much. Next game it popped up again and started messing up the camera etc. I loaded up the next game and unplugged the io board and the menu didn't pop up.

The game only lasts 50 seconds with no input compared to the games of 3-4 minutes I played with the menu coming up at various times. Is guess its an io board problem but can't be 100% sure

I can't run the test menu because on the service button for loading credits seems to be the only button working.....check out the reason why

HI0YqRF.jpg

Got a bit more done with crazy taxi tonight.

So i figured it was definitely a issue with input coming from somewhere. So I disconnected each control, wheel, shifter and pedals individually to see if any of them were causing it, which they weren't.

Disconnecting the io board stopped the menu appearing, tried it during a few games, pulled the USB cable going into the io board and stopped it, Just no controller input then, reconnect and started up. So that's where I'm at. Thinking about replacing the io board, couldn't see anything out of the ordinary with wires or connections anywhere on the cab.

• Advertisement

Definitely the I/O then, not surprised given how it was wrapped up.. luckily there not so expensive and easy source.

Definitely the I/O then, not surprised given how it was wrapped up.. luckily there not so expensive and easy source.

Yeah one on eBay at the moment for £65...I'll see if I can get one off a forum first though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

I sent you an IO board, was off Naomi 2 Wild Riders, might be compatible ?

I sent you an IO board, was off Naomi 2 Wild Riders, might be compatible ?

I completely forgot that was in there.

I really can't thank you enough for the box of stuff man. I owe you big time for all that. Really helped me out of a hole.

With that new I/o board Crazy Taxi is now 100% working

GGfkqLg.jpg

I just need to get a few new screws, clean up some crud on it and give the chassis a good cleaning and I'm done with it. I'll also have to look into some new padding for the seat

Next up is my cyberlead and the HOTD so I'll update for them as I go

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

No worries, they were just gathering dust in the shed.

• Advertisement

I need a naomi door ..........if anyone has one

• Registered Users Posts: 34,429 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

o1s1n wrote: »

Ouch,
    I'm cleaned out.

Brilliant to see the crazy taxi back 100%.. enjoy it’s a great game!

Master of the Universe

Only saw the Crazy Taxi now, congratulations! I'd say you're over the moon to get that sorted. Didn't realise you had the pop for it too.

Looks to be in nice condition. I really like the aged wear on the arse bench thing.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Only saw the Crazy Taxi now, congratulations! I'd say you're over the moon to get that sorted. Didn't realise you had the pop for it too.

Looks to be in nice condition. I really like the aged wear on the arse bench thing.

Imagine sitting on that cold steel in your nightgown:D
    My 18wheeler is missing the seat but it's not needed.
    Funny ,myself,Jack and banjoguy for Naomi drivers at the same time.

The cold hurts my bottom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

Looks good!

Master of the Universe

The cold hurts my bottom

Bit of deep heat, be grand!

Rise from your grave.

A lot has happened since the last time I posted on this thread

After getting a few new machines and reached maximum capacity. Starting to work my way through them now and get everything 100%

Just about finished this Judge Dredd, well 95% finished so the other 5% will be done in a few years haha

lcJ1XhR.jpg

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Choking on my jealously, well done - looks bloody amazing!

Advertisement