Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birth certificate- what does it say?

Options
  • 28-09-2016 8:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I was just wondering if someone could help me out.
    I ordered a copy of my grandmother's birth certificate, as I'm trying to learn more about my heritage.
    I've developed an interest in the Irish language, and plan to start lessons within the next few weeks.
    I received a scanned copy of the certificate, and I've noticed there's like a wavy line/watermark type thing in the background in white that appears to be writing.
    I can't see it clearly enough in the scanned copy, and they tell me it could be up to 30 days wait to receive the actual certificate because of the Uk/brexit thing and I'm kinda impatient!
    I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what it actually says in Irish, and what it means in English?
    Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭An gal gréine

Oifig an Ard-Chláraitheora.

The Registrar's Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

More accurately The Head-Registrar's Office.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭An gal gréine

Correct Esel.
    They actually call it 'Office of the Registrar General'.

Advertisement