Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Sale- Do I need to apply for retention?

Options
  • 06-05-2021 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm planning on selling my house next year. Although it was signed off on by the engineer when it was built, there are a few things about it different from the plans and I'm wondering if it could cause a problem for me and if I need to apply for retention.

1. The house is 3ft shorter than it should be due to the engineer having the wrong measurements on the plans.

2. After a year the toilets started blocking due to a problem with the external pipe work (wrong slope, too far to tank). We laid new pipework taking a different and shorter route to the septic tank. Location of tank and percolation remained the same. No problems in 10 years.

3. The house is 2 blocks higher than on the plans.

Any ideas from any engineers?

Comments

Advertisement