Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul Dunne - 2017 British Masters Champion!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

-2 after 6

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Salvadoor

Quadruple Bogey on 13th puts him back to +2

On tour this week but not a good start and looks like the weekend off already

I jinxed him and gets an eagle. I should keep it up

According to the statsmen on the European tour, Dunne only hit 3 out of 14 fairways for round one. The driver continues to be a huge issue for the pride of Greystones.

In fact all aspects of his game have been very poor for a while now. Love to see dunners return to good form again, as he has bundles of talent. The auld saying that form is temporary but class is permanent is an apt title to describe Paul’s game at present. Let’s hope that he gets his game back to a good level again because when he is at his A game, it’s a joy to behold.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Would be nice to see him make the cut.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭the long lad

Good performance today. He’ll be disappointed to bogey the last but great to see him playing decent again. Golf is bloody hard when things are going against you, hopefully this is the start of better things for him.

Paul did well to shoot a one over round of 72, that's despite only hitting 4 out of 12 fairways and 8 out of 18 GIR in the first round of the Tenerife Open. He looks a shadow of his former self unfortunately, with his long game in particular a source of huge frustration for the pride of Greystones at this moment. But as I said in a previous post, he has oodles of ability and while his game is not in great shape at present, he has way too much quality to keep him down for long. Here's hoping that he can get his game back in top nick sooner rather than later for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭abff

Another 72 today to leave Paul on 2 over for the tournament and 6 shots outside the current cut line. Hard to understand what's happened to his game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Always thought of him as ultra over thinker and slow because of it, then he became slower (I mean excruciatingly slow) and perhaps over thought even more.
    Shame, damn shame, he shone bright for way too short a time, gave away a tournament or two also

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

He has 9 months out with wrist injury from late 2019. I wonder can golfers ever come to their best after injuries like that?

Rory mcliroy won two majors in 2014. He broke his ankle, in 2015. Hasn't won a major since

The physical and especially mental aspect must be very significant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,844 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

sxt wrote: »
    He has 9 months out with wrist injury from late 2019. I wonder can golfers ever come to their best after injuries like that?

Rory mcliroy won two majors in 2014. He broke his ankle, in 2015. Hasn't won a major since

The physical and especially mental aspect must be very significant

Yea, I guess Tiger was lucky he never had any physical problems:D

Seve OB wrote: »
    Yea, I guess Tiger was lucky he never had any physical problems:D

OK. But Tiger is a one in a generation talent who managed to achieve incredible results despite various injuries. Paul Dunne is a mere mortal who was good enough to win a mid range European Tour event and achieve a number of other top ten finishes, including two runner up spots.

He certainly had enough talent to retain his European Tour Card for several years and perhaps win a few more events. His form seems to have deserted him for some reason, but hopefully he’ll get back into the groove before too much longer and start playing again at the level he proved to could reach in the past.

Great to see Paul at the right end of the leaderboard for a change, as the first round of the Canary Islands Championship comes towards a conclusion. Paul is at 5 under thru 15 of his opening 18 holes and just two shots of the lead. Keep it lit Dunners!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Good start, hopefully he can keep it going.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Lovely birdie at the last for a six under round of 65, for his opening round of the Canary Islands Championship in Tenerife today. 8 birdies too for the pride of Greystones for his opening 18 holes too, so all and all a very pleasing day for Dunners. Currently just inside the top 5 at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭dball

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭paulos53

He withdrew with 2 holes remaining today in Denmark.

I hope a serious injury wasn't the reason

Seems that he was injured all week but may not be serious

https://twitter.com/IrishGolfDesk/status/1398260694655635457

Very disappointing to see Paul Dunne at the wrong end of the leaderboard at this week's Porsche European Open at the fearsome Green Eagle golf course in Germany. 10 over for the day through 15 in round two and well off the pace. Hoping that Dunners can rediscover his magic sooner rather than later, but this is a very alarming slump of form indeed for the pride of Greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Very disappointing to see Paul Dunne at the wrong end of the leaderboard at this week's Porsche European Open at the fearsome Green Eagle golf course in Germany. 10 over for the day through 15 in round two and well off the pace. Hoping that Dunners can rediscover his magic sooner rather than later, but this is a very alarming slump of form indeed for the pride of Greystones.

Are you Paul Dunne?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Are you Paul Dunne?

Paul is well known for his penchant for a quick spin through boards on the 16th fairway.

I hope he fixes what is ailing him and gets the groove back. He’s the best we have outside Rory and Shane when he is on his game, it’s just sad we haven’t seen that in 3 years.

Sad to report of Paul withdrawing after nine holes of the first round at the Cazoo Classic in Kent. He was six over at the time. Going through a really rough patch at the moment. With him well down the race to Dubai rankings and no Q School again this year, the future looks very uncertain for the pride of Greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Beaulieu

Tough to see...jeez golf is a cruel cruel game at times.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Feel for the lad but on his decline he became unbearable to watch as he was horrendously slow

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Another MC this week. World ranking down to in the 1700's

One injury and his career is in serious trouble.

And another missed cut for Paul after being 6 under with 1 to play in his first round. Very sad to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Hopefully he gets his form back soon. I'm sure he is working his arse off in the background trying to get back to where he was. He has got some considerable talent so very sad to see his current form.

Promising 67 (-3) yesterday in Mallorca. Tees off at 2pm today, hopefully another good round on the way

Started with a double bogey today and followed that up with 3 bogeys in the next 5 holes.

• Advertisement

Advertisement