Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Monthly LMS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭McBain11

March done and dusted. A short month with only 3 gws, and an unbelievably tight finish with only 10 points separating the bottom 5 players. Very hard luck to Ros1234 and CSF who were just edged out in the end. Best of luck to the 2 lads in all your other fpl endeavours this season.

Just 6 players remaining now as we move into the month of April. 2 more players will be eliminated at the end of April. Plenty of time now to rest up and plan for the next round of games over the international break.

1. Hackers (Hackers) = 203
    2. patmac (The Blood Crows) 200 - 4 = 196
    3. Lamper.sffc (LeedsFinallyBack) = 189
    4. Happy4All (Cautious United) = 178
    5. Scorpion Sting (TheresOnlyWanBissaka) = 176
    6. normanoffside (smugdrugglers) = 172
    7. Ros1234 (Rock Rovers) = 169 - ELIMINATED MARCH
    8. CSF (Gavin Salad) = 168 - ELIMINATED MARCH

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Ros1234

Thanks McBain for running the league again this year, would have posted sooner but real life real busy at the moment! I thought I might have done enough to cling on for another month but Norman caught me. Looking back at the month a few 50/50 calls I did went against me, Mee or Shaw first sub when Gealish was injured, Shaw got a monster score against City, debated getting Bale in the same week for Bruno but went with the safer option of Son! Then I was debating would I sell Son for -4 last week for Lingard, anyway I'm sure every month we have 50 50 calls that go with us that we don't remember, but we remember every call that went against us. My 2 free transfers last week were Veltman and Raphina so I can't really complain about getting all the calls wrong.
    I really enjoy this league, it keeps you from taking alot more -4's I think, but sometimes you have be more aggressive in a gameweek.
    Best to luck to the remainding 6 and thanks again McBain.

Just to note as well, 2 players have taken hits at the start of April.

Scorpion Sting (TheresOnlyWanBissaka) and normanoffside (smugdrugglers) both have taken minus 4 point hits.

Best of luck to all.

Looking at the gw fixtures in future, currently gw34 ko May 1st. So, as things stand there are just 2 game weeks remaining in April.

If the start date of gw34 changes to Friday April 30th due to the tv schedule, I will just follow whatever the fpl website filter does for monthly scores (I presume gw34 would become part of April's scores in this instance).

None of the above may happen, we will know more in the next week when those fixtures tv schedule should be released.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭Xander10

GW 34 now April.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Are we watching tonight's game, Im not worried, honest :o

Are we watching tonight's game, Im not worried, honest :o

Incredibly tight finish to the month. Will update tomorrow.

I'm presuming there's absolutely no way now that United Liverpool stays in fpl gw34 even if played next week or the week after? FPL towers will just look at it as a normal postponement in the past ala bad weather or covid, and probably be moved to gw35 or gw36 now.

What a mental season, in the fpl land and the real world!

McBain11 wrote: »
    Incredibly tight finish to the month. Will update tomorrow.

I'm presuming there's absolutely no way now that United Liverpool stays in fpl gw34 even if played next week or the week after? FPL towers will just look at it as a normal postponement in the past ala bad weather or covid, and probably be moved to gw35 or gw36 now.

What a mental season, in the fpl land and the real world!

Yep its crazy how close it is. Especially after so many games.

The Man U v Liverpool game has been taken out of the 34 fixture list so I presume that means it will be in another game week?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I did a tot up there McBain to save you the hassle.

The April standings after hits:

normanoffside - 305
    Scorpion Sting - 278
    Lamper - 270
    patmac - 269
    Hackers - 263
    Happy4All - 244

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Would there be any interest in doing a deal on prize money so that all 4 remaining get paid?

I was thinking something like:

1st €500
    2nd €250
    3rd €150
    4th €100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Would there be any interest in doing a deal on prize money so that all 4 remaining get paid?

I was thinking something like:

1st €500
    2nd €250
    3rd €150
    4th €100

I’d be in favour although I think 100 for 4th is stretching it slightly. I think the winner should be getting a bigger slice of the pie personally given the original deal was 70% of the pot for the victor.

Maybe something like 600, 200, 125, 75 so the winner gets rewarded more?

I did a tot up there McBain to save you the hassle.

The April standings after hits:

normanoffside - 305
    Scorpion Sting - 278
    Lamper - 270
    patmac - 269
    Hackers - 263
    Happy4All - 244

Thanks for that, The above is the confirmed final table for April.

I cant but have huge sympathies for the lads eliminated at this late stage of the competition. Especially with the United game being postponed wreaking havoc in the last gameweek! Hopefully Hackers and Happy4All have some joy in the other fpl leagues you have entered.

Just 4 players remaining now. A quick turnaround to the next gameweek. Best of luck to all.

Just on the split lads, it doesn't bother me how it's broken down. Only thing that is needed is all 4 remaining players to agree and it to be done before gw35 ko on Friday.

So if all 4 remaining players thank a post on any new prize breakdown (like either of the lads prize breakdowns above), I'll take that as confirmation of an agreed new payout structure.

I’d be in favour although I think 100 for 4th is stretching it slightly. I think the winner should be getting a bigger slice of the pie personally given the original deal was 70% of the pot for the victor.

Id happily agree to that too.

Rock bottom this month. I lost my old reg as Happy4all.

Thanks McBain again for running this and would be interested next season if you are up for running it again.

With regard to revising the pot, the only stumbling block might be, it might be unfair to someone if they managed to hold free chips for May and thereby have a high probability of a top three anyway. Having said that, 2 of my free chip weeks were my worst week's of the year. Good luck to all left in.

Xander10 wrote: »

With regard to revising the pot, the only stumbling block might be, it might be unfair to someone if they managed to hold free chips for May and thereby have a high probability of a top three anyway. Having said that, 2 of my free chip weeks were my worst week's of the year. Good luck to all left in.

I still have my wildcard so if anything I have advantage but would still like to see 4th get something,

Happy to go with this. Im only going to spend the money on vintage football shirts so even 75 helps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

I'm happy with this as well.

So we are all agreed top 4 get paid now?

New payout
    1st - 600
    2nd - 200
    3rd - 125
    4th - 75

I scored 114 (-4) and am rock bottom 13 points adrift of 2nd bottom for May already. Tough crowd.

• Advertisement

I scored 114 (-4) and am rock bottom 13 points adrift of 2nd bottom for May already. Tough crowd.

Best of luck, playing catch up is difficult.

Would love to see the weekly scores posted here in the run in. No link to the table

Xander10 wrote: »
    Best of luck, playing catch up is difficult.

Would love to see the weekly scores posted here in the run in. No link to the table

After week 1:

Scorpion Sting = 131
    Patmac: 134 (-8) = 126
    Lamper 127 (-4) = 123
    Normanoffside 114 (-4) = 110

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Best of luck to all remaining

Just to note the transfer points hits have to be adjusted at the end of the May FPL table.

The following players took hits in FPL gw35 :

Lamper.sffc (LeedsFinallyBack) - minus 4 points
    patmac (The Blood Crows) - minus 8 points
    normanoffside (smugdrugglers) - minus 4 points

Best of luck to all in what should be a very exciting couple of FPL gameweeks.

After week 1:

Scorpion Sting = 131
    Patmac: 134 (-8) = 126
    Lamper 127 (-4) = 123
    Normanoffside 114 (-4) = 110

Week 2(after hits):

Scorpion Sting = 181
    Patmac: = 177
    Lamper = 174
    Normanoffside = 164

Raging that I had Mitchell's 13 staring at me from 1st sub on the bench

Week 2(after hits):

Scorpion Sting = 181
    Patmac: = 177
    Lamper = 174
    Normanoffside = 164

Raging that I had Mitchell's 13 staring at me from 1st sub on the bench

I was praying he wasnt coming on for you. Sorry :)

Patmac: = 231
    Scorpion Sting = 227
    Lamper = 224
    Normanoffside = 209

Pat had a great week and jumps into the lead, all very tight among the top 3 though.

I need a miracle in the final week now. Gamble time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Everybody loves an underdog, cmon norman you can do this!!

Cant wait for the weekend. Been a great season for Leeds and also for FPL. Such a great distraction from all the other crap. Best of luck to everybody left but I hope you all crash and burn :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Patmac: = 231
    Scorpion Sting = 227
    Lamper = 224
    Normanoffside = 209

Pat had a great week and jumps into the lead, all very tight among the top 3 though.

I need a miracle in the final week now. Gamble time.

Might try a goal by goal live update on this on Sunday. Best of luck to all.

Advertisement