Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

And on a lighter note...........

Options
  • 19-10-2001 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭

Just though I'd try to divert your poor weary attention from the below argument which I tend to consider
    "the long deceased horse, that has already had it's entire outer flesh removed by a now tattered and broke whip."

..............Anyway though yez might like this. It's a page of jokes in irish. Bainigí sult astu!
    Scéalta Grinn as Gaeilge:

http://www.smo.uhi.ac.uk/gaeilge/siamsa/greann/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

Hmm, it may have escaped your attention Lyconix, that the "raison d'etre" of this thread is to avoid, that (by now) very monotonous argument. And continuously repeated arguments by people about how much they hate the language isn't going to achieve much except bore everyone else silly. Better off to just be relaxed and enjoy this as a medium of interest in irish rather than another battleground of the same world-weary arguments over a 70+ year period that change nothing. :(

Hmm, it may have escaped your attention Lyconix, that the "raison d'etre" of this thread is to avoid, that (by now) very monotonous argument. And continuously repeated arguments by people about how much they hate the language isn't going to achieve much except bore everyone else silly. Better off to just be relaxed and enjoy this as a medium of interest in irish rather than another battleground of the same world-weary arguments over a 70+ year period that change nothing. :(

I believe that Irish becoming an optional subject, its inevitable - forcing it upon everybody won't do anything to better its reputation. Things WILL change. That way, both sides will be happy - its the logical solution to this entire problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Doctúir

Is léir domsa gur troll é an garsún bocht seo agus nach bhfuil suim dá laghad aige sa Ghaeilge. Mura bhfuil sé sásta a chuid ráiméise a choiméad sa snáth eile, tá réiteach ana-shimplí againn ar an bhfadhb chiapach seo .i. "Report this post to a moderator". Cuirfidh sé sin cosc ar a dhiabhlaíocht!

• Advertisement

Erm... can you run that by me again in English please?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Lyconix - please don't drag discussion about whether or not Irish should be "compulsory" into this thread, which has apparently created to AVOID that topic.

Thanks,

Go raibh maith agat a Bhaird! Lyconix, your zeal at this point is starting to scare me. :eek:

Go raibh maith agat a Bhaird! Lyconix, your zeal at this point is starting to scare me. :eek:

Originally posted by Bard
    Lyconix - please don't drag discussion about whether or not Irish should be "compulsory" into this thread, which has apparently created to AVOID that topic.

Noted. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement