Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I would like to learn irish

Options
  • 14-11-2001 3:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭

Hello everybody,

I think that this is the first post I have made here but I have several questions.

Firstly a story: At this very moment I am living in Germany and trying to learn German, this is okay. I have also made some Spanish friends, who whenever they want can just start to speak spanish and I can't understand a word, this is not okay. With this in mind I have decided to learn Irish. With the best way of learning a language being to live in an environment where that language is used also in mind I have decided that maybe I will move to the gaelteacht(spelling) after this year for about 8 months.

What I would like to know is: Are there many IT companies over that side of the country, as I would need also to work to earn a living. I also heard about a sheme whereby the government offered incentives to companies to set up shop in the gaelteacht, so if anyone knows of any such companies there could they let me know and give contact information if they have it.

Go raibh maith agat

Baz_

Advertisement