Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jfk66

Westmeath +6 v cork with b365 anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Wexford vs. Dublin

Dublin to score more than 24.5 points evens on Boyle.

They have beaten this line in their last three games and you could hardly ask for a better day for a hurling match.

8/11 now with boils
    Still evens with 356

Anyone know if you can do boils invent a bets in shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Taking Dublin over 25.5 in the hurling and Dublin - 4 in the football.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭tranquilo

Jfk66 wrote: »

Good shout. 3 up after 30 mins. Hopefully keep it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

On the flip side, Wexford have conceded over 24.5 only once in their 4 games so far (Kilkenny). Will give that one a wide berth.

Going heavy on Offaly to beat Fermanagh in the football @8/13. Offaly been very impressive in their group, topping it with 3 wins from 3. Fermanagh finished second with a win and a draw in a weaker group. John Maughan has Offaly flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Capt. Autumn

Jfk66 wrote: »

Allianz FL Division 2 relegation play-offs
    Cork 3-22 Westmeath 0-25, Pairc Ui Chaoimh, 2pm

6 point win for Cork.

Bookmaker got this one bang on unfortunately.

Wexford vs. Dublin

Dublin to score more than 24.5 points evens on Boyle.

They have beaten this line in their last three games and you could hardly ask for a better day for a hurling match.

Wexford 0-15 Dublin 0-8, Chadwicks Wexford Park, 3pm HT

Dublin, surprisingly, way off the pace today. This is not happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 shipkast5

Have lumped on Dublin at - 5, just can't sse donegal being too competitive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Kerry 4/5 to score a second half goal with PP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Dublin lost the handicap late on, grrr. I'll admit, I thought the game was in Croker when I put it on!

Down -2 was a good shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Taking Dublin over 25.5 in the hurling and Dublin - 4 in the football.

Beens on toast all next week

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭MacDanger

F*cking Dubs, 8 up & cruising and don't beat the spread:mad:

Down vs. Laois Division 2 relegation play-off in Newry

Boyle have the handicap at Down -3. I was thinking -5 at least.

Laois have lost their last three league games by 7, 8 and 13 points to Clare. , Cork and Kildare. They are in absolute disarray, failing to score more than 12 points in any game so far.

While Down suffered a couple of heavy defeats to Mayo and Meath, they steadied the ship to beat Westmeath last weekend. And they have home advantage.
    I think this is a gimme.

Down 2-19 Laois 2-12, Pairc Esler, 6.15pm FT
    You win some, lose some....

• Registered Users Posts: 14 shipkast5

shipkast5 wrote: »
    Have lumped on Dublin at - 5, just can't sse donegal being too competitive

Well, didn't expect that go wrong☺️

Derry vs. Offaly
    Division 3 final 19th June

Boyles have Offaly at a very generous 11/4. With both teams having an eye on their upcoming championship games I see this one as a toss of a coin.

Offaly +4 at 10/11 is hard to resist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Galway for Connacht? O’Connor with a bad looking injury today

Derry vs. Offaly

Boyles have Offaly at a very generous 11/4. With both teams having an eye on their upcoming championship games I see this one as a toss of a coin.

Interesting, feels like it would be Offaly's AI Final, based on scenes after the weekend (Seamus Darby in the middle of it!)

Allianz FL Division 2 relegation play-offs
    Cork 3-22 Westmeath 0-25, Pairc Ui Chaoimh, 2pm

6 point win for Cork.

Bookmaker got this one bang on unfortunately.

They aren't far away often. I was minded to paper trade the handicap draws this season but just haven't had the time. Dublin winning by 4 was another one, albeit lucky. Saw on twitter some independent bookie offering evens either side on handicaps on the GAA, and 14/1 the handicap draw. I'd imagine the extra few points on that 14s would give you a decent spin for the season.

Derry vs. Offaly

Derry 0-21
    Offaly 1-6

The perils of gambling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Limerick -7 v Waterford @ 10/11

Waterford were very poor in D4 of the league while Limerick were solid in D3

Clare +12 v Kerry @ evens
    Clifford anytime goal @ 4/6

Clare had a very good league in D2 and if they can avoid conceding more than 2 goals, I think they'll cover that spread

Sligo +14 v Mayo @ evens
    Tommy Conroy anytime goal @ 11/8

Sligo had a very poor league in D4 but Mayo are missing Cillian which means our frees could be erratic

Donegal -7 v Down @ 10/11

Even without Murphy, I think Donegal are miles better than Down

Singles on all; acc on the 5 match results and a double on the two goalscorers

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Hatch1989

Dublin v Antrim

Antrim half time:full time results & 10/1!?

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭tranquilo

Wexford -10 vs Laois - 10/11 Laois had a very poor league. Wexford beat them by 19 points and finished the league strong enough so I expect them to cover the handicap here

Donegal to beat Mayo in the Nicky Rackard Cup - 9/4 A grear price for me considering Donegal beat Mayo by 6 points in the final last November and also beat them in the league more recently in May. I think it's worth a bet with those odds

Kildare +5 vs Carlow in the Joe McDonagh - 4/5 Kildare have been very good in recent years, Carlow are definitely better than the teams they've beaten in the league but I fancy them to not lose by more than 4 especially since it's on at home in Newbridge

Clare +2 vs Waterford - 10/11 Clare finished the league strong and I think this will be very close, maybe a draw, so I fancy them to cover the handicap

• Registered Users Posts: 16,057 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Anyone considering any outrights for the football championship?

I'm looking a couple of provincial winner accas:
    Galway/Donegal
    Mayo/Monaghan/Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭spurshero

Anyone considering any outrights for the football championship?

I'm looking a couple of provincial winner accas:
    Galway/Donegal
    Mayo/Monaghan/Kerry
    I backed Armagh at 13 to 2 I think it’s a big price .
    Antrim in quarter final I will be amazed if they don’t come through that .,play winners of Monaghan and Fermanagh and I would make them 50 50 at worst .Monaghan didn’t impress me at all against Galway in the relegation play off even though they came through .hopefully into an ulster final then where they would be an underdog but not a massive one against a Donegal or Tyrone as I personally think both are gone back a bit . Sounds simple dosent it!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,057 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

spurshero wrote: »
    I backed Armagh at 13 to 2 I think it’s a big price .
    Antrim in quarter final I will be amazed if they don’t come through that .,play winners of Monaghan and Fermanagh and I would make them 50 50 at worst .Monaghan didn’t impress me at all against Galway in the relegation play off even though they came through .hopefully into an ulster final then where they would be an underdog but not a massive one against a Donegal or Tyrone as I personally think both are gone back a bit . Sounds simple dosent it!

https://www.racingpost.com/sport/gaa/all-ireland-football-predictions-donegal-worth-a-wager-at-a-very-generous-25-1/497416

In light of the above and Jenning's predictions I'm going with Galway/Donegal and Mayo/Armagh/Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Waterford -2 EVS

Clare missing O' Donnell and Shanagher. Waterford looking very strong this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Waterford -2 EVS

Clare missing O' Donnell and Shanagher. Waterford looking very strong this year.

Shanagher is playing, or at least has been named on the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭spurshero

https://www.racingpost.com/sport/gaa/all-ireland-football-predictions-donegal-worth-a-wager-at-a-very-generous-25-1/497416

In light of the above and Jenning's predictions I'm going with Galway/Donegal and Mayo/Armagh/Kerry

Jesus hope I didn’t change your mind .you will be hunting me down when Monaghan win ulster !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Montys return

Back in action after a hiatus, though I'll be sticking to this place only for now. Last winter went well so hopefully the summer can follow suit.

Two bets for this weekend:

1) Would fancy goals in the Clare and Waterford game. Both conceded plenty in the league, Clare's 7 doesn't look as bad but they were playing in a lesser division. Waterford haven't got the return in goals yet to match the clear design Cahill has for the team to go for it any sniff they get, but a summer championship should see a marked improvement.

I think they'll win, and I think Shane Bennett (not Stephen) is the value to get one as I can seem him playing close to goal with Hutchison.

2) I had a similar bet in mind for Dublin v Antrim. I think the Dubs will win though I'd love to see Antrim do it. When checking the anytime + win markets I noticed that Dublin seem to be struggling for goals of late. On the other side, they'd the joint lowest total in the league conceded with Limerick.

Think this is will be the opposite of the first game. I thought the price on Boyles looked good then but could not believe it when I saw what B365 offered (not taking much on it however)

Bets

Waterford V Clare: To score a goal and their team to win - Shane Bennett anytime 15/4 Boylesports

Antrim v Dublin: Team to Score first goal - Neither 40/1 Bet365

Advertisement