Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you change the way you look?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

i'd like to change my style to more trendy but i wouldn change my face!!i wish my body was in a bit beter shape but i cant complain too much i am a size 8!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

flynnser19 wrote:
    i'd like to change my style to more trendy but i wouldn change my face!!i wish my body was in a bit beter shape but i cant complain too much i am a size 8!!!
    But then your style wouldn't be your style. you'd just be following a fashion trend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

panda100 wrote:
    Seems like a lot of people would change their noses?

Thing is even though I don't really like my nose now, I would never have sugery to change it. It just seems pointless to me, I don't like it but I don't hate it either.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I would make Doomspell a little shorter, oh and have one grey eye and one green eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

What wouldn't I change...I'd like
    • clearer skin with an even tone
    • different shape face...hate my square jaw (I'm a girl!)
    • I'd get rid of the damn mole on the end of my nose which has no pigment, and makes me look like I permanently have a spot on my nose:mad:
    • to be about 5-6" taller
    • thicker, longer hair
    • smaller hands
    • narrower frame (ribs, hips)
    • skinnier legs
    • no saddlebags
    • taut stomach
    • Jennifer Aniston arms
    I think I just described Angelina Jolie there without intending to! Maybe I could get away with a square jaw like hers after all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Aerial

-lose weight/get toned
    -nose
    -straight, white teeth
    -clearer skin
    -bigger lips
    -fix my ears
    -longer hair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I'd like my hair to be more manageable. And if I cared enough I guess I could straighten my teeth. Apart from that (and the obvious loss of fat/gaining muscle) I don't have many complaints. And yet I still have low self esteem...Hmm, a conumdrum....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I'm happy enough being me but if i could cahnge some stuff it'd be:
    1. slightly shorter I'm 5ft 4 now would like to be 5ft2
    2. id get the right side of my face up higher coz when i smile it un even and that side of my face seems saggier
    3. I get the bits of my hair that fell out from tention aloplecia to be long again not like the 3 inch long bits that are annoying when i straighten it
    4. id get rid of my spots
    5. id like to get the skin at my neck tighter
    6. id get bigger breast mine are tiny
    7. I'd make my body more toned and lacking in fat all over
    8. get rid of some muscle from my tighs
    9. flat stomach
    10. get my eybrows to be more defined and better shaped
    11. fuller lips
    12. be able to tan im noe of thoose dead coloured irish people
    13. nicer looking feet

it seems like a long list but im fairly happy with being me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

2. id get the right side of my face up higher coz when i smile it un even and that side of my face seems saggier
    3. I get the bits of my hair that fell out from tention aloplecia to be long again not like the 3 inch long bits that are annoying when i straighten it
    9. flat stomach
    11. fuller lips
    13. nicer looking feet

You dont have to have full lips and a flat stomach to be beautiful aishling :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

Id like to be more even shaped im an 8 on top and a 10 on the bottom so id like to slim down my thighs - excercise doesnt work and if I lose weight it always comes off the top half! Id also like a flatter tummy (I do sit ups but still), whiter teeth, thicker hair and to be taller but still im happy enough with how I look now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Id like to be more even shaped im an 8 on top and a 10 on the bottom so id like to slim down my thighs - excercise doesnt work and if I lose weight it always comes off the top half! Id also like a flatter tummy (I do sit ups but still), whiter teeth, thicker hair and to be taller but still im happy enough with how I look now.
    The only way to get a flatter stomach is cardio (and diet). Sit ups will do nothing for you, its not possible to spot reduce fat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Sangre wrote:
    The only way to get a flatter stomach is cardio (and diet). Sit ups will do nothing for you, its not possible to spot reduce fat.
    Aye, also doing situps will build muscle underneath the wall of flat lining the stomach, thus pushing it out further...I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

Lose 1.5-2 stone and tone up(in process of). Not morbidly obese or anything but I'm barely 5 foot so can't get away with an extra stone like my friends grrrrrrr. Whiter teeth. Don't really like my nose but I have had people tell me it's the "cutest" they've ever seen and they wish they had one like mine so I'm a bit confused about that one. Not a stunner by any means but love my eyes because they are big and grey, which is not all that common so I likes that! Hmmmm only surgical procedure I would consider would be a breast lift as, even though I'm only 19, I feel mine are very droopy and too big for my frame. 5 foot and 34d! come on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

when i want to look better i take pictures of myself with the camera set on night mode.the pic makes me look damm sexy,i go to bed happy.

when i want to look better i take pictures of myself with the camera set on night mode.the pic makes me look damm sexy,i go to bed happy.
    LOL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Papillon87 wrote:
    Lose 1.5-2 stone and tone up(in process of). Not morbidly obese or anything but I'm barely 5 foot so can't get away with an extra stone like my friends grrrrrrr. Whiter teeth. Don't really like my nose but I have had people tell me it's the "cutest" they've ever seen and they wish they had one like mine so I'm a bit confused about that one. Not a stunner by any means but love my eyes because they are big and grey, which is not all that common so I likes that! Hmmmm only surgical procedure I would consider would be a breast lift as, even though I'm only 19, I feel mine are very droopy and too big for my frame. 5 foot and 34d! come on!
    I am 5ft 2in and 34d on top, size 8 on bottom, there is nothing wrong with that size for your height. I think Signifisceal that it sounds like you have a great figure too. I would be like you though and like to have a flat stomach but that is about it, sure that is what control pants are for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

I'd love to be an inch or two taller. I'm 5'5, pretty average but wouldn't mind the extra height

CathyMoran wrote:
    I am 5ft 2in and 34d on top, size 8 on bottom, there is nothing wrong with that size for your height. I think Signifisceal that it sounds like you have a great figure too. I would be like you though and like to have a flat stomach but that is about it, sure that is what control pants are for.

Ah but you see, you have 2 extra inches on me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭JC06

I think if I could change anything I'd:
      Be slimmer Be about 3 inches taller. Correct my lazy eye(somehow) Have longer,stronger nails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭DilbertPartII

:rolleyes: why not?..i'd give myself a try on that!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭uniquechic

em i'd fix my nose as its got a bit of a dent in the middle of it whic i hate.id also fix my eyes as the bloody things dont work very well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Forgot about this thread...meh, I might as well make a list.

-Be more petite! I'd love to be smaller, I have a really long body and awkward long legs.
    -Get rid of spots (ah, sure they'll go soon enough hopefully)
    -Have nicer teeth
    -Nicer HAIR definitely. There's too much of it! I have really thick hair. Don't mind the colour (dark brown) but I wish it could be thinner. The annoying thing is it's not curly, but it's not stright. It's in between.
    - BOOBS. I don't want big big boobbs, I just want boobs! Hardly a f3ckin A cup....:(
    -Have smaller feet (don't even want nice feet, just not big flippers like mine)
    -Have nicer eyes. My actual eyes are nice (I think) but around them is horrible. I always have big bags under them and they're usually puffy. Wait til I'm older...
    -Nicer skin - mines too pale. I don't mind pale skin if it looks nice, plenty of beautiful girls have pale skin but mine is just horrible. Wouldn't mind a bit of a tan too.
    -Have nicer curves and stop looking so bulky and manly (because of my height I think, cos I'm not fat)
    -Still, I would like to go a size down even though I'm not fat.
    -Get rid of the weird looking line of freckles on my nose. Speaking of freckles, I want the cute type (think Kate from Lost!) instead of mine..

Couldn't be bothered to type up anything else....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,034 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Wouldn't mind losing a bit of fat, but other than that, happy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

CathyMoran wrote:

I'm 5 1 and 36 DD. I win! Woo! They're good and perky but my back hurts :( I'd happily go down a cup size. I wear 8 in bikini bottoms and 14-16 on top! :D But I have a lil pudding belly, so don't look the best in bikins anywhozen unless I have loads of fake tan on to streamline...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Lil Kitten wrote:
    I'm 5 1 and 36 DD. I win! Woo! They're good and perky but my back hurts :( I'd happily go down a cup size. I wear 8 in bikini bottoms and 14-16 on top! :D But I have a lil pudding belly, so don't look the best in bikins anywhozen unless I have loads of fake tan on to streamline...

Wow Id love to have a curvacious figure like that but Im always going to be tall,scrawny,stick insect:(

Id love to know why the 13 people think there perfect and what they look like?Id love to have that attitude but I always see something wrong in the way I look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Lil Kitten wrote:
    I used to be a 34 E but due to recent weight loss due to chronic illness they went down, I can get them back :D but you do sound like you have a great figure.

Thinking of getting my tongue tied problem sorted after recent comments of my fiancee, I never knew that it affected him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭catspring

to be honest i'm pretty happy with how i look - if i was any different then i wouldn't be me. that being said i would like:

to have better vision
    nicer feet
    and a back that hadn't been broken and therefore was not sore

;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Wud love to get my boobs done.. Other than that.. No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

Some days I want to change everything, other days I'm fine with myself. I'm pretty curvy.

Except my eyes, it's one of my features I like, pure big brown eyes, no other colours, no other shades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 lagunababe

im pretty happy with the way i am. im not like big headed but theres nothing that id change. i used to think i was too tall and i hated it but ive grown to like my height 5'11" pretty tall for a girl but all the guys that were once smaller than me are now taller than me and hey im the first one to know when it rains! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Don't think I'd change much. Could be worse like.

rb_ie wrote:
    But then your style wouldn't be your style. you'd just be following a fashion trend.
    you make a really good point actually!!!thanx for that!!!

9. flat stomach
    11. fuller lips
    13. nicer looking feet

beleive me you dont wanna be smaller im 5 foot and i wish i was your height!!!i dont get annoyed about it or neting but im sick of people going "your 19??, god i thought you were 15??" it does get a bit old like!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I'm pretty happy, can't think of anything that I'd want to change.

I've fixed the things that I can (e.g. got contacts instead of glasses, bought a straightener to tame my curly hair, always buy nice underwear that make the most of my big boobs, stuff like that) so think I've just learnt to accept the rest of it, even if it's not perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Eoinpol1977

Whats your definition of big boobs?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Love the way you got a guy to register at boards.ie after just saying that you have big boobs. :D

stargal wrote:
    I'm pretty happy, can't think of anything that I'd want to change.

I've fixed the things that I can (e.g. got contacts instead of glasses, bought a straightener to tame my curly hair, always buy nice underwear that make the most of my big boobs, stuff like that) so think I've just learnt to accept the rest of it, even if it's not perfect.

Big boobs, straightened hair, glasses... Are you me??? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I would...
    • lose weight
    • become all over toned
    • have a smaller forehead
    • have slightly longer fingers (I play piano so this is more practiclity than aesthetics)
    • have even teeth
    • be a few inches smaller, I'm only 5"6 but i feel very clumpy and awkward around people who are smaller than me
    • be pretty
    • Not have scars on my stomach (got them from a completely unnecessary operation last year)
    • have more prominent cheekbones

Seeing as how people are making wish lists, I'll join in:D

- Better teeth, bigger and no gaps or chips. I used to grind them to bits in my sleep
    - Smaller boobs: C - D cup
    - Lose about a stone and tone up.
    - Have naturally straight and blonde hair
    - Fuller lips
    - Smaller nose
    - Long, strong nails

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Eoinpol1977

Don't ever get smaller boobs-why do women do that???? Big is better girl to all you gals out there-dya hear me!!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Smaller boobs!? P.shaw!

I cant get clothes to fit me!! I'm 5 1, 9 stone with 36 DD chest. I look like the shape of P cos all the weight's in my bra and not my ass! Also girls molest me at parties cos the topic 99% of time turns to my breasts. Life would be sweet if I was gay.

Ah a P, the perfect shape for a gal. :D
    Those are some nice figures there, have at her stalkers!

no.. 8 is perfect shape

That's some odd girl that looks like an 8.

• Advertisement

I meant from the front. theres no hourglass key to press. 8 like round ass, curvy hips, lil waist n big boobs

I'm not P from front. Thats a side view. Lil stick legs n no bum.:D

Yeah, I know, side view.
    I guess I would accept somebody of your description, just. Heh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Don't ever get smaller boobs-why do women do that????

Because boobs aren't exactly the lightly thing in the world! A friend of mine was a F cup and she got a boob reduction simply because they got in the way and no bra could support the weight of her boobs! And she isn't a big girl either, I'd say she'd be a size 10-12. But I must say she does look amazing now because, her boobs were really too big for her. I know you might say bigger is better, but that isn't always the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Love the way you got a guy to register at boards.ie after just saying that you have big boobs. :D

I know, I don't know whether to be impressed or worried :D
    Lil Kitten wrote:
    Big boobs, straightened hair, glasses... Are you me???

/checks

Nope, don't think so anyway. Unless there's some kind of Being John Malkovich thing going on that I don't know about...

People that want to change should post pics, and we can help agree or disagree. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement