Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoes

Options
  • 26-12-2006 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

I badly need new shoes but can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

I'm 16, female. Just looking for casual day-to-day shoes. Unfortunately what I wear most of the time are my Dubes..

What would you recommend as shoes that are comfy, warm, keep your feet dry? Just to wear with jeans and casual trousers.

Also, looking for nice boots I can tuck jeans into. Never got into this trend before but am quite jealous when my friends' trousers are still dry while mine are soaked to the knees with my feet squelching in my dubes!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Personally I love Uggs but they're not for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

vans, dc's, dvs are all comfort personified ;)

don't know what you'd think about wearing skate shoes though :s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Boots wise: Office have lovely leather knee high boots with a stack heel in several different colours and finishes that can be worn during he day with jeans or if you're going out somewhere at night a little more conservative than Wesley. They look great with opaque tights and a flirty dark coloured dress. Office also carries a range of flat leather boots with a wide leg and an almond shaped toe. Check out the website- www.office.co.uk.

Schuh have a brilliant range of winter boots, as do Topshop. Topshop are slightly more quirky than most places, but very stylish and priced rather resonably. Think Peaches Geldoff meets Keeva from 'The Chalets'.

I bought a beautiful pair of pirate boots about two weeks ago- metallic black suede, 3 inch heel, round toe, slouch leg and wraparound straps. I purchased them in... wait for it... Penneys. €22. Very comfortable and go with everything.

For casual, comfortable wear, I suggest Dunlop, Babysham, Vnas or Etnies sports ranges. They're all available in Office and come in sevreal differnt colours.

Buffalo in a_wear on Henry Street and Exchequer Street have beautiful shoes for all occasions, you'd probably find something there.

Also, cowboy boots are coming back in a big way, so if you have an old pair from about 2 years ago, the last time they wer popular, drag 'em out. they must be bashed up and worn looking. Preferably brown.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Thanks, I'll have a look around in the mentioned places.

I bought a pair of beige boots on Wed. The ones with the kinda ribbons and you can turn down the tops if you want to have a fluffy bit. (Everyone has them)

Wearing them now and they're so warm and comfy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Pythia wrote:
    Personally I love Uggs but they're not for everyone.
    NOT OUTDOOR SHOES!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Schuh have a fantastic sale on atm, got a gorgeous pair of leather boots there and I'm hoping to get a lovely pair of ankle boots I saw.

For day to day shoes I wear either my Etnies (they wear really wel, I've wron them nearly every day for two years) or my Babychams (much more girls, a really adorable shoe, and mine has velcro cos I can't tie my laces properly :o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

i wear vans during the day...love them, sooo comfy. i have a few different types of boots that i wear when out too..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I'll second skate shoes.. I'm on like my 4th pair, they last forever and are seriously comfy! I've got a pair of dubes, but I never really wear them because I don't actually find them that comfortable in comparison. Also, I swear by DVS (like DC aswell), and I don't think Vans are that cool unless you go for some of the trippy coloured ones..

Also, to stop your jeans getting soaked, get a shorter pair! I used to always have the back of the leg ripped to bits, and they'd always be soaking when it was raining, but I got a pair 2 inches shorter, and they're perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I prefer runners as well, not skater runners though. :o

Advertisement