Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí ANPR system to be running by end of 2018

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Almost very checkpoint I have ever been stopped at has been a disc or document check.

Only once was it for a random drink check.
    They aren't going to tell you "we're looking at discs as a distraction" now are they?

The doc check is cover, they're actually looking for a wanted vehicle, driver, passenger etc

Hence why those Facebook groups are actually hampering real policing as well as letting tax evaders / the uninsured away with it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Stopped recently at a random checkpoint. Didn't realise my tax was 2.5 months out as I was abroad for a few months and it expired while I was away. They noticed, hesitated, but said nothing and sent us on our way.

Advertisement