Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Considering purchasing an apartment at Sandyford View, D18

Options
  • 10-07-2012 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

hi, I considering to purchase a APT at Sandyford View, Sandyford, Dublin 18 , but the below post http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=21403 make me worried about the social housing in Kilcross, since the post was in 2006 any update suggestion in term of anti social behaviour, school, transportation and living standard at this estate are welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭you2008

any comments?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

You are probably better posting this query in the Dublin South County thread in the Region forum which is more likely to be frequented by people from Sandyford (and indeed Kilcross estate) and can give you a more reflective response on what it's like there as full time residents.

I would recommend being careful on your wording though so as not to potentially offend residents of the neighbourhood you have concerns with. Such queries are often posted in the Dublin 15 forum where I live and there is a lot of helpful advice but a word of caution: there is a tendency to get some generalised responses (ie such a place is a no go area just because one individual had an isolated run in which may not be truly reflective of the place at all times).

If you have time, visit the neighbourhood by day, again by night and finally again at the weekends just to get a sense of what it's like in the different settings (eg is it a magnet for groups of loud teenagers at weekends etc that you would have missed if you drove there on a school day?). Does it feel as safe by night as by day etc. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

why sandyford view? would you not consider sandyford business park i.e. the beacon, cubes etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭omega666

you2008 wrote: »
    hi, I considering to purchase a APT at Sandyford View, Sandyford, Dublin 18 , but the below post http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=21403 make me worried about the social housing in Kilcross, since the post was in 2006 any update suggestion in term of anti social behaviour, school, transportation and living standard at this estate are welcome.

I lived around there for a few years.

anti social behaviour - There's wasnt really any antisocial behaviour that we saw. A few apt's were robbed in our building aright one day but i suppose that could happen anywhere. It was a fairly quiet estate overall.

transportation - this is the biggest flaw with the estate.
    You defiently need a car to live there. It is a bit isolated with the only access through blackglen road. Fine in the summer but a complete nightmare trying to drive up those steep hills out of the estate during a bad winter when there's snow and ice. You could be left stranded.

There is a walking path through Killcross estate which comes out to sandyford road. Killcross is a bit rough in appearance but i've never had any trouble walkng through there.

There is also a feeder bus that goes to the luas but i never used it.

living standard - They may not look that nice from the M50 but they are nice modern apartments inside. Some of the very spacious. The estate itself seems well managed, nice and clean. Parking can be scare for some parts of the estate. A lot of sandyford view cars have to park out on the main road in the estate so def check out you have sufficent parking before hand.

I only rented there but in the end i was glad to move. It has a nice standard of apt's for the money involved but it was too isolated for me. Would i buy
    an apt there. Probally not.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭you2008

Idbatterim wrote: »
    why sandyford view? would you not consider sandyford business park i.e. the beacon, cubes etc?

Hi, No particular reason, just visited a friend rent there and the apt seems big enough, is not beacon, cubes have certain amount of social house now? Correct me if I am wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I believe the cubes do. but down in that area, they are far more sheltered, on the luas and m50, and you dont have to drive to anything, i.e. there is a gym, dunnes, offo & every other shop you would need on your doorstep...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kevinirl

We are looking at options here . Had a few questions on the build of the apartments and if there have been any Structural issues ever highlighted .
    Anyone here part of owners association and any ongoing issue.

Seems most complexes have some or the other Fire and safety issues..

Advertisement