Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€15 - 20GB + Unlimited any network calls and texts + free roaming - Lycamobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,370 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Got no notification my bundle had expired, used to get a text or two.
    Spent ~€8 before realising :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sourpuss

zell12 wrote: »
    Got no notification my bundle had expired, used to get a text or two.
    Spent ~€8 before realising :mad:

It appears that they are going down the same road as Three, used to send texts but now only text when one has all used up except 50 cents, it's a nuisance, has to set your own reminders which they hope you don't do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Speeds still bad. Moving elsewhere now.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭maurice1

Today Still >300ms ping and 0.2Mb/s
    Totally unusable.
    Did it improve for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭extrapolate

maurice1 wrote: »
    Today Still >300ms ping and 0.2Mb/s
    Totally unusable.
    Did it improve for anyone else?

Still no improvement here. I followed the suggestion to contact them through Facebook. I got a response a few days later asking for information like the number on my SIM, phone model, location where it happens etc.

I provided them with the information and asked them if they were aware of the issue and working on it, or if it was the new standard. He told me they were unaware of it. Apparently. So he created a support ticket. I got a text the following morning with the request number and saying they will get back to me when they have resolved. No improvement or information from them.

• Advertisement

In UK and speeds are usable . Must be just an Irish thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

With the Ireland Plus offer, do you still get to keep your credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

_Godot_ wrote: »
    With the Ireland Plus offer, do you still get to keep your credit?

I top up by €15 a month. The only thing that costs me money are text messages so Im 99% on WhatsApp. I've over €100 built up which I should use to save me a few months.
    They don't notify you when you need to top up but I just set a calendar entry in Google calendar to remind me to update.

Speeds aren't great. Always less than 10mb/s but usually more than 2mb/s for me. Which is enough for my needs. I user WiFi at home so if I need something large I just plan ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I just want it for the calls and whatsapp. Three is expensive for calls.

Internet stoppages have reduced significantly
    but
    Lycamobile ads appear constantly now when opening web pages - how to block them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

but
    Lycamobile ads appear constantly now when opening web pages - how to block them?
    You can use Blokada if not rooted or Adaway if you are.
    Also it is a very good idea to change browser on your phone to one of these (for example)
    Edge, Bromite, Yuzu or Kiwi and turn on adblocker.

Blokada can't be used concurrently with a VPN on your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭flintash

but

same here. i thought i catch a virus... which browser are you using?

I top up by €15 a month. The only thing that costs me money are text messages so Im 99% on WhatsApp. I've over €100 built up which I should use to save me a few months.
    They don't notify you when you need to top up but I just set a calendar entry in Google calendar to remind me to update.

Speeds aren't great. Always less than 10mb/s but usually more than 2mb/s for me. Which is enough for my needs. I user WiFi at home so if I need something large I just plan ahead.

you don't get any roaming data with the 15€ top up - is that correct.

e.g. need to buy a bundle to get roaming?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

glasso wrote: »

Dunno. If only been to the north a few times and the data I used would have been small. It worked though and made no difference to my bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

That's correct

Anyone else having problems with paying by paypal?
    Have used paypal for a couple of years now and it was fine, but now get to the checkout page and no popup to complete paypal topup.
    Have tried 3 different browsers

maurice1 wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems with paying by paypal?
    Have used paypal for a couple of years now and it was fine, but now get to the checkout page and no popup to complete paypal topup.
    Have tried 3 different browsers

yes. had to use my card there as paypal didn't move on to payment when selected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭podge3

yes. had to use my card there as paypal didn't move on to payment when selected.
    Yep, me too when I tried to top up yesterday.

Anyone know if this new customer offer €15 €10 for 30 days means you keep the €10 credit?
    It's ambiguous wording at best
    The offer is valid for 30 days from the activation date and it is subject to automatic renewal until it expires,
    the customer is required to keep the minimum amount to allow the first activation and subsequent renewals,
    https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/ireland-port-in/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=tweetiejune15port&utm_campaign=portinoffer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Anyone know if this new customer offer €15 €10 for 30 days means you keep the €10 credit?

https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/ireland-port-in/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=tweetiejune15port&utm_campaign=portinoffer

I was looking at that too and couldn't figure it out. I'm heading down to Carphone Warehouse shortly so might get an answer from them. Reading through the comments on customer service has put me off though. Are they really as bad as it sounds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

jakdublin wrote: »
    Reading through the comments on customer service has put me off though. Are they really as bad as it sounds?

No it's not that bad. It's a budget service. How many times do these people have to contact support anyway. I've been with them 2 years and had to contact them twice, both times without any problems.

JaCrispy wrote: »
    No it's not that bad. It's a budget service. How many times do these people have to contact support anyway. I've been with them 2 years and had to contact them twice, both times without any problems.

better off using the facebook page for lycamobile ireland if you have a query / issue as the support is off in India somewhere and their main aim is to get you on a recurring bundle.

I doubt is as it's described as a bundle.

bundles you have to use credit to buy
    Offer valid for six months from the port-in date thereafter bundle will revert to the standard price of €15.

so basically it's still a better deal* (*but no roaming in month 1 so if roaming needed both months then yes prob better to go for the €10 euro offer each month) to

month 1. top up by €15 euro and get free calls and 15gb data for 30 days. no free texts included but you keep credit. no roaming.
    month 2. use credit to buy a bundle for 30 days (you get roaming with bundles).

total cost for 2 months is €15 and you could even buy maybe a cheaper bundle (if meets your needs) with the credit to have credit left over

with the other deal 2 months (well 2 x 30 days) would cost 2 x €10 euro = €20
    (with roaming both months)

the hassle with lyca is mainly around keeping track of when your service runs out to reactivate without using credit on normal rates.
    setting a reminder on your phone the easiest way

I doubt is as it's described as a bundle.
    bundles you have to use credit to buy...
    You're right.
    Thanks for finding that in the small print
    Offer valid for six months from the port-in date thereafter bundle will revert to the standard price of €15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

JaCrispy wrote: »

It depends on what you contact them about. I joined Lycamobile when they originally came to Ireland and had a problem with sending texts, this problem was never solved in all the time I was with them. So, in effect, I contacted them once with absolutely no result, just continual fobbing off.
    I'd take a lot of convincing to rejoin them.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭michael jay

lyca are very good and with a top up offer and bundle the following month are cheap,
    its annoying you cant see a call log or what credit you used easily tho

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

Excellent budget network IMHO, usually best if contacted by twitter for customer care. Data can be slow in Ireland, generally good abroad. I had no issues watching a full football match on RTE player on a TV in a remote part of south Greece last time I was there, solely using Lyca's wifi roaming (at no cost).

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Shorty69664

Anyone know how to use Lycamobile in France. It seems my apn setting at not set up for France but trying to use french ones I found on the net are not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Anyone know how to use Lycamobile in France. It seems my apn setting at not set up for France but trying to use french ones I found on the net are not working.

I think you need to power your phone off and back on again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Shorty69664

Suckit wrote: »
    I think you need to power your phone off and back on again.

That worked.... Cheers....

Advertisement