Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tamper Setup - Bell activation

Options
  • 17-10-2019 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭

Is there a standard way that tampers should be set up with regard to which bells they trigger.

Specifically when system is unset and a tamper is activated on internal component (panel or sensor) should both internal and external bells sound, or just one, or none.

I have a really old panel in the house. Can't recall make off the top of my head but I have the details at home. A couple of years ago I had it serviced by a very good service engineer. At the time he replaced the outside bell. This is all incidental really.

Just recently I had to disconnect one of the shock sensors on a back window as we were getting the window replaced and some new plasterboard fitted also. System was unset and I opened the sensor lid which triggered the internal bell but not the external. I input user code and bell stopped and all was good and I continued on.

Should the external bell have sounded also or is it up to the user how they configure it.

Advertisement