Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Yesterday, 15:49   #1
terryduff12

Littlewoods

So i seen this on my account To comply with regulation, we need you to verify your credit account by providing proof of identity.

There looking for proof of id driver license, proof of address a bill and then they want your pps number seems sketchy to me.
Advertisement
Yesterday, 16:44   #2
Spocker
Buying the internet, one box at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryduff12 View Post
So i seen this on my account To comply with regulation, we need you to verify your credit account by providing proof of identity.

There looking for proof of id driver license, proof of address a bill and then they want your pps number seems sketchy to me.
Could you post the text of what is on your account? It's normal/legitimate for a lender to want to see the proof of ID and address, as well as your PPSN (the last one is for the Central Credit Register)
Yesterday, 19:53   #3
terryduff12

We collect and verify your PPSN to enable us to fulfill our responsibilities in relation to the Central Credit Register. Please note we cannot accept your Public Services Card to verify your PPSN.

Shop Direct Ireland Limited trading as Littlewoods Ireland, is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland
Thats about it really.
There an English company with the call centre is out in Africa or India. Have been with them for donkey years maybe it some new regulations out but just thought it was bit strange to be looking for pps number.
Yesterday, 21:58   #4
Spocker
Buying the internet, one box at a time

This is the important bit:
Quote:
Shop Direct Ireland Limited trading as Littlewoods Ireland, is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland
It doesn't really matter where they deliver or provide services from, if they want to lend money in Ireland, they have to follow the Central Bank of Ireland rules.
Yesterday, 22:16   #5
Wuff Wuff

Quote:
We collect and verify your PPSN to enable us to fulfill our responsibilities in relation to the Central Credit Register. Please note we cannot accept your Public Services Card to verify your PPSN.

Thats about it really.
There an English company with the call centre is out in Africa or India. Have been with them for donkey years maybe it some new regulations out but just thought it was bit strange to be looking for pps number.
Call centres in Aintree and Speke, Liverpool
Advertisement
Yesterday, 22:47   #6
terryduff12

Once upon a time i used to be connected there but i haven't heard a English twang in a long time
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-700-jobs-lost

Its been very bad if you have a problem with any product nearly 3 minutes just to give them your account number.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion