Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Refund, when I will get it?

• 01-12-2020 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

On the 16th of November, I transferred some money (a substantial amount) in error to Irish Water. Money was meant to be transferred to an other firm. Today finally was acknowledged that cash is with Irish water, it will be refunded (via cheque?!) and the process will take up to 6 weeks.

"Further to your correspondence, I can confirm that I have forwarded a request to our Payments Team to have this sum refunded to you. The current estimated wait time for you to receive your cheque refund is four to six weeks...."

It's too long. We re not talking about a few euros...I appreciate was my fault but is not fair for IW keeping such a sum and as you can imagine in the meantime I may need to borrow some fund to pay the correct account.
    Can you please help?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 36 Verified rep Irish Water: Rebecca

Hi ClaudeF,
    ClaudeF wrote: »
    On the 16th of November, I transferred some money (a substantial amount) in error to Irish Water. Money was meant to be transferred to an other firm. Today finally was acknowledged that cash is with Irish water, it will be refunded (via cheque?!) and the process will take up to 6 weeks.

"Further to your correspondence, I can confirm that I have forwarded a request to our Payments Team to have this sum refunded to you. The current estimated wait time for you to receive your cheque refund is four to six weeks...."

It's too long. We re not talking about a few euros...I appreciate was my fault but is not fair for IW keeping such a sum and as you can imagine in the meantime I may need to borrow some fund to pay the correct account.
    Can you please help?
    Thank you for messaging us. I am very sorry to hear this has happened to you. Could you PM us with the following information and we will investigate this?

- Full name;
    - Account number;
    - Full address associated with the account; &
    - Contact number?

Thanks,
    Rebecca.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ClaudeF

Hi ClaudeF,
    ClaudeF wrote: »

Can you please help?
    Thank you for messaging us. I am very sorry to hear this has happened to you. Could you PM us with the following information and we will investigate this?

- Full name;
    - Account number;
    - Full address associated with the account; &
    - Contact number?

Thanks,
    Rebecca.
    I have provided the information required yesterday and I have received very generic reply. Please confirm when my money will be returned. As you are aware (PM) the amount is considerable. I can ask the bank to recall fund or get it back from IW. It is not your money, it need to be refunded. Thanks 

• Company Representative Posts: 23 Verified rep Irish Water: Jose

Hi there,

Thanks for your message.

We have replied to your PM. As mentioned, we are in contact with the Refunds Department and we are prioritizing your situation. 

We really do hope this matter is resolved for you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Jose

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ClaudeF

Hi there,

Thanks for your message.

We have replied to your PM. As mentioned, we are in contact with the Refunds Department and we are prioritizing your situation. 

We really do hope this matter is resolved for you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Jose
    Update. We got the money back. Thanks for your help

• Company Representative Posts: 23 Verified rep Irish Water: Jose

Hi there,

Thanks for the update! We are happy to hear this!

You are very welcome. If you need anything further, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Jose

• Advertisement
Advertisement