Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pier-jumping

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Misread thread title.

Thought it was about jumping Piers Morgan.

15009124-7160611-image-m-28_1560986322354.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

MUCH better second attempt. Lough Rea. The water was very pleasant unlike the sea. It was cold at first but once I started moving around in it and warming up, it was beautiful. I was afraid the whole thing would just be about endurance but I loved it. I jumped in a few times too. It was much easier to handle than the sea. In the ocean, I couldn’t even get moving to warm up as the waves were too strong. The lake was also just that little bit warmer.

Thanks for all the tips! I feel like I accomplished something here.

392605-CE-1428-497-B-B12-A-94-B792494270.jpg?dl=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Fair play to you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,409 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Fair play, that sort of swimming always feels like you’ve done something good.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭florawest

MUCH better second attempt. Lough Rea. The water was very pleasant unlike the sea. It was cold at first but once I started moving around in it and warming up, it was beautiful. I was afraid the whole thing would just be about endurance but I loved it. I jumped in a few times too. It was much easier to handle than the sea. In the ocean, I couldn’t even get moving to warm up as the waves were too strong. The lake was also just that little bit warmer.

Thanks for all the tips! I feel like I accomplished something here.

392605-CE-1428-497-B-B12-A-94-B792494270.jpg?dl=1

Well done and sending you virtual hugs and prayers, you can be very proud of your achievement.🥇🎉

Fair play to you :)
    salmocab wrote: »
    Fair play, that sort of swimming always feels like you’ve done something good.
    florawest wrote: »
    Well done and sending you virtual hugs and prayers, you can be very proud of your achievement.����

Thanks! :) Now I did discover how very weak my bones are and how depleted my muscles are. I was doing the front crawl and getting nowhere. Absolutely nowhere. In a calm lake. I also hurt my knee just from jumping in. Totally worth it but it made me realise how easily I could into difficulties in choppier lakes or the sea.

I would recommend this to anyone who is feeling hemmed in and stuck in a rut due to the lockdown. It was invigorating. There’s still time left this year!

I also realised that I really don’t like sand and not having to deal with it was very nice indeed. :P AND I got to witness the sight of a lad smoking a cigarette whilst stomach deep in water. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,164 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Absolute legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,330 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Glad to hear you made it in! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Good finish to this quest! Could be the start of something.

I'm fond of the sea, but it is fresh enough, especially the east coast. And if it can't be the sea, then Loughrea lake is a damn fine one. Other county councils should take note. The facilites are simple but effective. I happened to be in there myself the previous evening. It was last day of my hols in which I daytripped to beaches from Kerry to Derry. Lake was balmier. Stunning warm evening with thunder in the background. Hardly felt like Ireland at all.

All in all, we are blessed in Ireland with outdoor swimming options if you are willing to put some fuel in the car, short as our season may be. Is there any county without its good swim spots?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

:P AND I got to witness the sight of a lad smoking a cigarette whilst stomach deep in water. :D

This guy?
    SouthernComfort_BeachCommercial_YouTube.jpg?w=980&q=75

topper75 wrote: »
    Good finish to this quest! Could be the start of something.

I'm fond of the sea, but it is fresh enough, especially the east coast. And if it can't be the sea, then Loughrea lake is a damn fine one. Other county councils should take note. The facilites are simple but effective. I happened to be in there myself the previous evening. It was last day of my hols in which I daytripped to beaches from Kerry to Derry. Lake was balmier. Stunning warm evening with thunder in the background. Hardly felt like Ireland at all.

All in all, we are blessed in Ireland with outdoor swimming options if you are willing to put some fuel in the car, short as our season may be. Is there any county without its good swim spots?

I’m envious. We just missed the hot weather.

I thought the facilities there were fantastic. Nothing fancy but everything you need and very clean.

Advertisement