Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to buy gear

Options
  • 28-10-2007 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭

hi all,im new to this section (you will normally find me in the shooting section),ive just been given a present of a reflex game getter 50-60lb weight,and im looking for some where to buy the right gear (release aid,arrow rest,sights etc)also im in east wicklow so any recommendations of field archery clubs in the roundabout area would be most helpful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Dont know of any clubs for archery but in regards where to get your gear, Ebay is loaded with relevant gear, if you dont have access to a credit card or paypal there are some shops like Lucan angling and shooting centre or better again for archery would be the sports den in Navan, might be a bit far for you tho

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭toxof

If you live in Wicklow try archeryshop.ie
    they are based in Vallymount wicklow and have a full range of compound and recurve gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭ruiner

If you are buying arrows I wouldn't use Ebay. There could be cracks or chips taken out of them which are hard to see in photos. Usually anything else is okay

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

Agreed. I've only ever bought brand-new-in-packaging arrows off ebay. I'd be very careful about buying otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Carebear11

About the clubs, there are two clubs in Wicklow, Garden County(Wicklow town) and Woodbrook(Bray). Woodbrook are a target and field club that shoots field in Enniskerry. Garden County link in with Woodbrook in the field thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Far as I know, Woodbrook are also the biggest club in the country. Good coaches as well! Check out their website at http://www.wicklowarchery.org/

They run good beginners courses and the likes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 molltralee

my broother is really into archery. theres a shop in tralee that sells archery equipment..landers its called. they don't have a lot in stock, because they're new at it, nut i went in to get a birhtday present for my broother and theywere really helpful and ordered whatever i wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭MortgageMan

Hilltop near Newtownmountkennedy also run archery.
    www.pcquad.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

Flybow in Mayo has a brilliant selection of all things archery,
    But it leans more to the traditional field archery side of the sport anyway you can check it out at:http://www.flybowshop.com/assets/s2dmain.html?http://www.flybowshop.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

.243 wrote: »
    also im in east wicklow

didn't see that but if you buy online they'll send it to you by post

• Advertisement
Advertisement