Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to get

• 13-01-2007 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hay people if you watch the video in the link below there is a guy showing how to make a "lighted nock". Dose anyone know where to get the same type of push light that he uses?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMqLT-4ezzk

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

The guy drills the nock. Bad and wrong. If the nock undergoes structural failure during launch from the bow, you could end up with an arrow-through-the-bowhand scenario. Also illegal under FITA competition, as it counts as an electronic device. You can buy commercial lighted nocks, I got one on ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭baggins

Ok, i kinda assumed that this was only a "for the craic" thing. I wouldnt shoot with a nock with a hole drilled in it, it's just....... Idiotic. I cant even think of a more smartarsed word for it it's so stupid.
    Have people who do these things got any knowledge of the forces that transfer from string to nock?

Right, rant over, heart-rate slowing again.
    Moral: Dont do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭mr potato head

I played with on in NZ it had a LED in an insert that fitted into a standard bjorn nock. The light was activated by a magnet attached to the riser beside the rest.
    try emailing infoATaimtru.com and ask them about them.
    i think they are called tracer nocks but you might want to describe it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭ruiner

hey baggins, I heard a story about a guy in england who drilled holes in his g3 limbs to make them faster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭doogle deegan

Ye there was an archer in Holland(?) who did the same to a set of cheaper limbs and found that they were much faster but that the life of the limb was significantly reduced. This was before Roland came out with the innovation limbs.

Let's just say I wont be drilling any holes in my G3s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

ruiner wrote:
    hey baggins, I heard a story about a guy in england who drilled holes in his g3 limbs to make them faster.

Jesus wept...

Jesus wept...

My sentiments exactly

Where do they find these muppets who can afford to buy G3s and then go drillin poxy holes in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 AceCarey

Ok so out of all this i have learned its not good to make light up nocks and not to drill holes in G3s, that about it, yeah?

Or, in a more general sense, dont drill holes in your gear. If you can make light-up nocks without damaging the structure of the nock or upsetting the balance of your arrows, then knock yourself out. (NO pun intended). It's still against FITA rules though.

Advertisement