Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Red Paperclip

• 29-04-2006 1:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭

http://oneredpaperclip.blogspot.com/
    This guy's a genius. He started out with a Red paperclip, which he traded for something better, and he's gonna keep trading what he gets for something better until he gets a house. At the moment, he has an afternoon with Alice Cooper.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Dude, that was crappy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Ha! What a legend.
    But who's Alice Cooper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Laplandman

I like the way it shows his reaction as the attention to his story starts to grow, and he ends up talking to the nation and all over the net. Seriously though, a paperclip?!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

MooseJam wrote:
    Dude, that was crappy

Dude?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Blisterman wrote:
    http://oneredpaperclip.blogspot.com/
    This guy's a genius. He started out with a Red paperclip, which he traded for something better, and he's gonna keep trading what he gets for something better until he gets a house. At the moment, he has an afternoon with Alice Cooper.

Yeah, I interviewed this guy about two months ago on my show - pretty nice man, glad to see the site continues to succeed :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

NoelRock wrote:
    Yeah, I interviewed this guy about two months ago on my show - pretty nice man, glad to see the site continues to succeed :).

On your show ?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Oh - hahaha - that made me sound far cooler than it should've :P.

I have a show on community radio - from time to time, I rope in random comedians/musicians/internet celebrities (that guy; deathlist.com; pimpmysnack.com etc etc). Fun stuff :)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Laplandman wrote:
    I like the way it shows his reaction as the attention to his story starts to grow, and he ends up talking to the nation and all over the net. Seriously though, a paperclip?!:eek:

a RED paperclip - im too late though :( oh what a world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

lol. that game me a few laughs.

Im very impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

I've got a thumb-tack if anyone want's to swap??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

the only reason he been able to trade up is because people are eager to be in on the gimmick, he doesn't actually trade something for something just a bit better and work his way up he goes, from a paper clip to a generator in some inconceivable manner mostly due to the novelty

its a crock and he has way too much stuff on the one page, which will crash half the world computers >:\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭The Song Thrush

Diarmsquid wrote:
    Ha! What a legend.
    But who's Alice Cooper?
    Are you serious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

OMG Diarmsquid.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Diarmsquid wrote:
    Ha! What a legend.
    But who's Alice Cooper?

ROCK GOD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

indeed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭The Song Thrush

Ahh, he's only a young'un. We'll let him off this time. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

well he's done it, he's got himself a house! what a story, fair play to him

http://www.breakingnews.ie/2006/07/11/story267240.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

That's crazy. Didn't think he'd do it.

Advertisement