Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

you are the measure of my dreams

Options
  • 21-09-2020 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭

come away human child
    to the waters
    and the wild

Where dips the rocky highland Of Sleuth Wood in the lake, There lies a leafy island Where flapping herons wake The drowsy water rats; There we’ve hid our faery vats, Full of berrys And of reddest stolen cherries. Come away, O human child! To the waters and the wild With a faery, hand in hand, For the world’s more full of weeping than you can understand. Where the wave of moonlight glosses The dim gray sands with light, Far off by furthest Rosses We foot it all the night, Weaving olden dances Mingling hands and mingling glances Till the moon has taken flight; To and fro we leap And chase the frothy bubbles, While the world is full of troubles And anxious in its sleep. Come away, O human child! To the waters and the wild With a faery, hand in hand, For the world’s more full of weeping than you can understand. Where the wandering water gushes From the hills above Glen-Car, In pools among the rushes That scarce could bathe a star, We seek for slumbering trout And whispering in their ears Give them unquiet dreams; Leaning softly out From ferns that drop their tears Over the young streams. Come away, O human child! To the waters and the wild With a faery, hand in hand, For the world’s more full of weeping than you can understand. Away with us he’s going, The solemn-eyed: He’ll hear no more the lowing Of the calves on the warm hillside Or the kettle on the hob Sing peace into his breast, Or see the brown mice bob Round and round the oatmeal chest. For he comes, the human child, To the waters and the wild With a faery, hand in hand, For the world’s more full of weeping than he can understand.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭1990sman

epic. deserves a mention. today.

christ! nobody? ****sakes.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

I loved the waterboys but I saw them in concert
    They were not that good

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Stolen child
    This song is the poem The Stolen Child by Irish poet William Butler Yeats (1865 - 1939) put to music. The Waterboys make use of traditional Irish instruments to recreate the atmosphere of Yeats' poem.
    The poem is not sung by The Waterboys themselves but by an elderly man with an Irish accent. The poem has a chorus, which is sung by The Waterboys.

f.u.c.k a.l.l. .y.'..al..l.

robotic toaster basterds, ye;ll never know love!

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    Stolen child
    This song is the poem The Stolen Child by Irish poet William Butler Yeats (1865 - 1939) put to music. The Waterboys make use of traditional Irish instruments to recreate the atmosphere of Yeats' poem.
    The poem is not sung by The Waterboys themselves but by an elderly man with an Irish accent. The poem has a chorus, which is sung by The Waterboys.

wow did it hurt much when they neutered ya

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 10,830 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

1990sman wrote: »
    wow did it hurt much when they neutered ya

Did it hurt much when they lobotomised you?

we are ugly but we have the music

Did it hurt much when they lobotomised you?
    how would i know (thats a philosophical conundrum, good luck)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Yeats was THE poet, for me.

i smell the perfume of a forgotten woman and yeats lived just down the road, im a franchised hydrandea pruner of his cousins descendants. apparently he was known for leavin spoons and delph everywhere! durty poemy basterd!

imagine the people you love dying without ever knowing what kind of music you like?

seems like waste, not to share, who do you think you are? literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,364 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Sometimes when I'm absolutely pissed on my own at home during covid I go through all the Irish songs on YouTube aswell.

You really feel the music when you're toasted eh?

Hopefully no work in the morning...

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Sometimes when I'm absolutely pissed on my own at home during covid I go through all the Irish songs on YouTube aswell.

You really feel the music when you're toasted eh?

Hopefully no work in the morning...

ALL of the internet. done. next?

letsallstartbitchslappingeachotherproperleftstyle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

AH is not the Music forum.

Please do not continually dump videos here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement