Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spambots and information harvesting

Options
  • 05-09-2020 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭

how many fake arsed things designed explicitly to kaleidoscopically gather your data, u have revealed where u live, how u vote, what u think and how u feel, whats next?

well they have ur location now and they know how u move because u thought u were just expressing urself.

EDIT - MOD CAN U MOVE THIS TO CONSPIRACY THEORY FORUM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I dont know, babe.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭SlowMotion321

1990sman wrote: »
    how many fake arsed things designed explicitly to kaleidoscopically gather your data, u have revealed where u live, how u vote, what u think and how u feel, whats next?

well they have ur location now and they know how u move because u thought u were just expressing urself.

EDIT - MOD CAN U MOVE THIS TO CONSPIRACY THEORY FORUM

I suspect they also know that you seem to have a problem spelling the word you, is this some anti-data gathering tactic I am unaware of?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'm sure the fake and parody accounts will protect us.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭1990sman

they are watching us, cant u feel it!? the bowie records are sweatin, china girl especially, even ur teabags are against u think about it

they are watching us, cant u feel it!? the bowie records are sweatin, china girl especially, even ur teabags are against u think about it

Indeed right ye be :rolleyes: "Backs away slowly"

• Advertisement

alex jones?

just an auld thought experiment here..what if we all had a device on us at all times that kept record of where we were and what we think

we're absolute beginners :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

I think if one's paranoid, have something to hide or up to something illegal or embarrassing they would be worried about being watched.

I myself couldn't give a toss, I just go about my business and get on with it..

alex jones?
    just an auld thought experiment here..what if we all had a device on us at all times that kept record of where we were and what we think

I think you need to switch your brand of weed, it's not doing you any favours!

• Advertisement

I think you need to switch your brand of weed, it's not doing you any favours!

brand? do u get brands of drugs in ireland? last i heard only "brand" of "weed" was 'green' ??

keep suckin drugs and lie down

nthclare wrote: »
    I think if one's paranoid, have something to hide or up to something illegal or embarrassing they would be worried about being watched.

I myself couldn't give a toss, I just go about my business and get on with it..

do ye think people died for the craic?

MODS can we move this thread to the disjointed ramblings and batsh1t crazy forum?

yes. keep paying ur bills, watching the news, paying attention to fashionable aspirations but whatever u do, dont stop and think about it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Not exactly a conspiracy, when so many businesses claim to be able to do exactly that...

Peter Geoghegan's book "Democracy for Sale" has bits such as
    [American political consultant Darian] Rafie bragged about the ways [to OpenDemocracy's undercover reporter] in which voters' mobile phone data could be extracted for targetted advertising...
    "There is a lot of stuff to be done with mobile phones and geo-fencing areas"...
    "Say there's a rally somewhere... we'll draw a polygon around that event and then we'll register all the phones that were there... Then we follow those phones home, and then we know who they are and what they do, and now I know what your Netflix unique ID is, and I've got your Facebook unique ID, so then I can communicate with you through a whole variety of ways.
    pg268 "Making Europe Great Again"

Advertisement