Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to evict a shameless notorious lodger?

Options
  • 18-02-2020 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Last weekend I posted what happened to me, the lodger in my the house I am renting assaulted me.

She is still living in the house, and refuses to move out. It seems that there is no other way but change the front door lock. What she did to me was unacceptable, I did everything legally, gave her 2 weeks notice to leave, provided to return deposit while she was still living in the house.

She won’t be nice and she will always be an awful person.

I would like to know has anyone here evicted unwanted people in your house before? Will there be legal issues for removing her stuff?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

You were given loads of advice last weekend which you clearly ignored if she's still there today, Tuesday. And you're expecting people to give you more advice?

Take Monday off, change the locks after she leaves and arrange for her to collect her stuff without coming back into the house was the advice. Swap Monday for Wednesday and you have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Kangaroolala

Caranica wrote: »
    You were given loads of advice last weekend which you clearly ignored if she's still there today, Tuesday. And you're expecting people to give you more advice?

Take Monday off, change the locks after she leaves and arrange for her to collect her stuff without coming back into the house was the advice. Swap Monday for Wednesday and you have it.

What my concern is that I don’t want to get involved in any illegal issues. As a foreigner here in Dublin, life isn’t easy trust me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

Thread closed pending mod review.

Kangaroolala please don’t start any more threads on the subject while the thread is reviewed.

In the mean time seek legal advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement