Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Property Inchicore

Options
  • 02-07-2019 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,
    I'm thinking of buying a property in Inchicore. Simply, is it a good place to buy? I'd be grateful for advice and what people think of the area generally. There's a lot of To Let signs too - is this a good sign? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Inchicore varies from pretty nice to overrun with feral knackers. You might want to narrow it down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

There are a couple of previous posts on this forum about inchicore. If you search for them you can get some of the previous opinions.

In my own experience its a currently gentrifying area in some parts and hopefully that will continue.

Around the village is relatively quiet, there's a couple of decent pubs, Italian restaurant. There's a Tesco and a spar, loads of takeaways. In recent times a microbrewery had set up that's got good reviews and does food. It's got good transport links into the city centre. The parts near kilmainham are probably the best parts but also the most expensive. I occasionally frequent the area it seems safe of an evening anytime I've been around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Will2019

Thanks for your message! Property is near Inchicore Road/Sarsfield Road...

Thanks for your feedback!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Will2019 wrote: »
    Thanks for your message! Property is near Inchicore Road/Sarsfield Road...

That's quite a relatively nice part of Inchicore/Ballyfermot.

Its a bit of a distance away from the Luas but the buses (13 and 40) do run through there relatively frequently.

Although the 40 bus can be quite a circus at times, especially in deeper parts of Ballyfermot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

That sounds like the nice part, as such I'm not familiar with it :pac:

Thank you both!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Will2019 wrote: »
    Thank you both!

Living here a while and it is changing for the better over the last three or four years. Seems to be more young professionals in the area. You do still have a lot of council estate types around the place but overall it's a decent enough place.

Advertisement