Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sorting out utilities services

Options
  • 28-10-2015 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Hi All, got the keys to my new home today and there are a few teething problems I would be grateful for your help with if possible.

The electricity has been turned off since July. I am told I need to choose my service provider and contact them with MPRN number and meter reading. Apparently it would take about 2 days for electricity to be turned back on and cost likely to be under €100 as it is off less than 6 months. This is fine.

The problem is that I don't have a GPRN number for the gas supply. Estate agent not being exactly helpful, just handed me the keys and gave me the MPRN number and said they don't have the one for the gas. Where could I obtain this number? If I contacted Bord Gais with the address would they be able to help.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 wenbo

You may contact Gas Networks Ireland. They will ask the serial number from your gas meter and your address.
    1850 200 694

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Sun in Capri

Thanks wenbo I really appreciate that information.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Sun in Capri

I have obtained the GPRN number based on advise here - many thanks.
    The gas and electricity had been turned off in my new property so I am told it will take about a week to get this sorted. I can't move in until it is so hopefully it is done quite promptly. Does anyone have experience of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,774 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

It should be quick enough, certainly for electricity, as long as no cert is required. You will get an appointment through your supplier. Make sure your mobile number is given to ESB networks. Be sure not to miss the appointment.

Gas is a bit slower if there is a change of supplier involved, but I don't know a lot about the gas side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭meme74

I moved into my new house afew weeks back and although the gas/electricity hadnt been turned off I still needed tor egister with a supplier etc. Found that the gas took afew weeks but electricity was onloy afew days to switch over. As I was changing suppliers from the previous owners it took a bit longer so would suggest if you can to stick with the supplier the gas and elec were with previously, it might speed it up a little bit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement