Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Envy 4500 Multifunction Printer - Harvey Norman €48

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Thanks OP, bought one today. Tidy little machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Thanks OP, bought one today. Tidy little machine.

Yeah I got one myself, great value!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭dubsuperstar

Do you get any ink with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Do you get any ink with it?

Yes it comes with standard cartridges.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

I haven't had a HP printer in years. Is it possible to get cheaper recycled cartridges for these printers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,092 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

HP 301 is €14.99 in tesco last I checked

• Registered Users Posts: 17,972 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It's a nice looking printer but you will be robbed from running this.about €15 you are looking at for a black ink with a whopping 3 ml of ink. These are print headed cartridges so you kind of have to use the genuine ones, recycled or refills will break your heart

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

If you use the Genuine HP cartridges the driver/utility gives you offers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

if you have to use original HP cartridges we found Argos had by far the best prices especially for double packs or combo black/colour packs, or the XL size cartridge. And they always had the 301 type in stock (had many a panic trips there!). When you add up at the end of the year just how much has gone on ink it's staggering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Ya wont find that new printer coming out that prints on special paper by wetting it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

Check if you can get a Continuous ink supply system (CISS) for this printer. Great way to save money if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭saucyleopard

Doesn't the ink block these up if you don't use it regularly?
    I bought a laser printer years ago and buy the cheap ink cartridges off ebay. I print about 10,000 sheets for €50. 2 - 3 years worth for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

canon for €90 that takes 5 cartridges. offically 20 euro per cartridge. €100 per refill.
    but you can get 3 set of 5 (15) cartridges for €15-€20 from ebay.

but what saucyleopard said laser is best. value in many ways.

i always compare printers to gilette shaving handles.

they give you a handle free, printer manufacturers are only short of giving you a printer for free.
    anyhow.

amazon.co.uk/Canon-8580B006-PIXMA-MG5550/dp/B00EQBXTMA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401820385&sr=8-1&keywords=mg5550

and

ebay.ie/itm/15-Ink-Cartridge-For-PGI550-CLI551-Canon-Pixma-MG5450-MG5550-MG6350-MG6450-MX725-/360831678789?pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_Printing_PrinterInkCatridges_JN&hash=item54033e7945

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

For office and business use a laser printer is much better but for a photo quality laser printer you are looking at major money. Laser printers aregenerally low dpi until you spend big money, then you are into commercial machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

pippip wrote: »
    For office and business use a laser printer is much better but for a photo quality laser printer you are looking at major money. Laser printers aregenerally low dpi until you spend big money, then you are into commercial machines.

But who prints photo quality prints on an inkjet printer at home?
    I recently bought a laser printer for €60 and it prints much faster and hassle free than my old inkjet. Boarding passes for aer lingus c/w barcode printed perfect.
    The last two times the ink wasted on my inkjet I ended up buying a new printer cos the heads where clogged.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭clickhere

wilser wrote: »
    But who prints photo quality prints on an inkjet printer at home?
    I recently bought a laser printer for €60 and it prints much faster and hassle free than my old inkjet. Boarding passes for aer lingus c/w barcode printed perfect.
    The last two times the ink wasted on my inkjet I ended up buying a new printer cos the heads where clogged.

wilser,that always happens to me aswell. Im looking to buy a laser printer just for home use.Would you have a link,to a good value laser printer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

clickhere wrote: »
    wilser,that always happens to me aswell. Im looking to buy a laser printer just for home use.Would you have a link,to a good value laser printer.

The one I got was a brother laser printer,
    Powercity and Harvey Norman had it for €60, Tesco where looking for €100 for the same model.
    Argos had a ricoh one for about €45 but the toner was dearer and harder to source.
    Btw I still have my inkjet just in case I need to scan something as the laser only prints

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Doesn't the ink block these up if you don't use it regularly?
    I bought a laser printer years ago and buy the cheap ink cartridges off ebay. I print about 10,000 sheets for €50. 2 - 3 years worth for me.

I have an Epson r200 inject printer for 10 years and its still working.

Never blocked up and not used regularly.

Advertisement