Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nate Diaz changes management, now working with Mike Kogan

• 11-04-2013 1:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/4/10/4208934/ufc-nate-diaz-management-cesar-gracie-mike-kogan

The Cesar Gracie circus just got a little smaller, or a little larger, depending on how you look at it. Following a recent loss to Ben Henderson at UFC on Fox 5, as well as a number of statements from Nick Diaz during the UFC 158 media call speaking to his own mishandling, UFC lightweight Nate Diaz has decided to find new management. Ariel Helwani released the following tweet from UFC Tonight yesterday evening:

For a long time now it's been apparent that Nate is a bit more levelheaded than his brother when it comes to managing his career, and especially his relationship with the UFC. While there may be any number of reasons that this decision was made, one of them surely has to be Dana White's recent adversarial stance to Cesar Gracie's management. If that could be considered a warning shot, it would appear that Nate Diaz has heeded it. As we've seen with Golden Glory before this, the UFC has little hesitation in pushing fighters away from management that they find problematic.

Of course, Nate has not actually left the Cesar Gracie fight camp. There is no sign that he's severing this relationship entirely, and I doubt that he would consider doing so. Thus, this may just end up adding to the drama surrounding the Diaz brothers; another layer to the mountain of antagonists, real and imagined. But even if it does, it may all be worth it if it means a few first class tickets and maybe even the occasional buttered up photo shoot.

Nate's next bout comes against Josh Thomson at UFC on Fox 7 on April 20th.

Good move by Nate being trained managed by same guy can only lead to a falling out eventually.

Caesar seems to be a great trainer, I wouldn't fancy him as a manager

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,601 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

He's a good trainer. But a terrible;e manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭p to the e

Can't remember where I read it but I read that Gracie was the one who suggested it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

p to the e wrote: »
    Can't remember where I read it but I read that Gracie was the one who suggested it.

Yeah it was to Ariel Helwani he claims he's only doing it as favor to them.

Advertisement