Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Favourite mma moment?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

thats what was so amazing. i remember that being a tough a fight to predict who wud win before the fight, and then to see the difference in speed and technique it was just nuts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Watching Conor McGregor beat Artur Sowinski at Celtic Gladiator 2 was fairly cool. We ended up in the middle of a crowd of Sowinski's Polish supporters for that fight, serious craic when the ref called it.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭The Shane

Anything with Genki Sudo. Oldschool.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Bruce Buffers reaction when they announced they were handing out 2 contracts at the end of TUF 1...it's just pure joy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Charlie3dan

Randy schooling Big Tim has to get the top spot.

Honourable mentions:
    Anderson's finish of Rick Franklin in the first fight
    Anderson Vs Forrest Griiffin
    Royce Gracie when asked about his chances against Matt Hughes: "This my house, I build it" (Shame it wasn't to be).
    and the whole of UFC 93 in Dublin just because I was there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Although I didn't watch the fight live I remember watching Anderson Silva elbow KO of Tony Fruckland and being like how the **** did he do that. Spent a good half an hour watching the finish back trying to get my head around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Kieran81

the entire o2 standing up and lifting the roof off the place as tom egan made his way to the octagon (with damien dempsey as the walkout music for good measure) , the fight was a downer but that was some show of support for a guy representing irish mma , looking forward to nights like that comin back to the ufc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Favourite moment is still the fight that got me hooked, Hughes vs Trigg II.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsmvKBkpD0Q

Live, UFC 116. I was in Vegas for the fight and it was a great card. Leben vs Akiyama was an incredible fight and I was hoarse afterwards. Then watching Lesnar survive the Carwin onslaught (I was a Brock fan) and submit him in the second was fantastic. I had a sore throat for 3 weeks after that night, I think I screamed so loud I did some damage.

Someone already mentioned the first Edgar comeback against Maynard, for me the second comeback fight (3rd overall) was amazing. Not only surviving the early knockdowns, but when he knocked Maynard out I was out of my chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭FreezeUp

Watching Randy COuture come back and win the world title WAS the moment for me as an MMA fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Lots and lots of great moments but I'll mention this over because nobody has yet......

Scott Smith v Pete Sell

scott-smith_pete-sell.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

McGregor winning his UFC debut is up there now with some of my favourite moments.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Lots and lots of great moments but I'll mention this over because nobody has yet......

Scott Smith v Pete Sell

scott-smith_pete-sell.gif

This!

This is actually my favourite moment by a long shot. Couldn't for the life of me remember who it was though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Holy fúúúúck that was awesome! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Being at UFC 69 in Texas to see Serra knock GSP, it was a huge shock. Luke Cummo won that night as well, now there's a guy who just disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    Being at UFC 69 in Texas to see Serra knock GSP, it was a huge shock. Luke Cummo won that night as well, now there's a guy who just disappeared.

Yeah, Cummo was awesome. Didn't he used to drink his own p*ss?

I remember his last fight was against another guy who just disappeared, Tamdan McCrory! He was such a talent too, just maybe not up to the level needed for the UFC. He also disappeared off the face of the earth!

And Dustin Hazelett........ where is he? I remember his sweet reverse armbar v McCrory. Is there some sort of MMA Bermuda Triangle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Machida does that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭EvanCornwallis

I remember his last fight was against another guy who just disappeared, Tamdan McCrory! He was such a talent too, just maybe not up to the level needed for the UFC. He also disappeared off the face of the earth!

And Dustin Hazelett........ where is he? I remember his sweet reverse armbar v McCrory. Is there some sort of MMA Bermuda Triangle?

Ye, he drinks his urine ,and he is a trainer in Ray Longo's (serras trainer) gym. He trained with him when he fought.

Hazelett is taking a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

randy beating big tim was just magic and at 43 years of age

hendo bisbing I loved also

gsp dominating hughes to win the belt was sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soap1978

maybe not a big one,but kimbo slice getting knockout in one of his first fights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭EvanCornwallis

soap1978 wrote: »

It was such a great moment to you, yet you don't know the opponent ?

Was it when he made Bo quit ? or his epic KO of Tank Abbott combined with badass contempt for gum shields ?

Horrible fighter with minimal talent but , the Seth fight and, the end of the Houston fights did bring a few chuckles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

soap1978 wrote: »

You don't follow mma surely?

Advertisement