Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F.A.O All professional fighters......

• 04-12-2011 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

After talking to a few of Ireland's professional mixed martial artists who fight on the cards of some of the top promotions it seems a lot don't get payed what they are promised and are continually chasing after their money. Surely these promoters, who are selling out most of the events they run, charging 20 - 30 quid ahead should be making the lads who put on the show their top priority instead of giving them the runaround? Has anyone else on here come up against this? What's the best method to get payed? I really hope it doesn't come to naming and shaming!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Why wouldn't you name and shame?
    If this is going on its not on-if a show messes up it will get spoke about and this is no different, 1st thing is make sure this is not a mistake and that the promoter is aware of his mistake, if he is and won't pay up then you have no choice but to pay, last night I ran a charity boxing night and forgot to pay security! Was a mistake and once I was told I fixed it.

A promoter not paying is a big mistake though as its always going to come back on you, most promoters that I know of would never leave a fighter unpaid

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TheRepoMan

It's definitely not a mistake, he is well aware of the situation, and has promised many times to sort it out but still hasn't come through. Gonna let it go another few days, and see if anyone else is having similar problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I like your username, it suits the topic you signed up to boards to discuss about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

It's a small community, if a promoter isn't paying the agreed purse, then they'll soon find it hard to get fighters from any of the established gyms/teams.

Coaches, managers, fighters and promoters are in contact pretty regularly, so word spreads quite quickly from trusted sources.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

If you do decide to name anyone make sure you can prove it so we can validate this claim, otherwise anyone could accuse promoters of this without any proof and that's just not on.

The scene is small and most promoters are well known to most coaches fight wise and usually on a personal level too so this would spread fast if it's legit.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement

cowzerp wrote: »
    If you do decide to name anyone make sure you can prove it so we can validate this claim, otherwise anyone could accuse promoters of this without any proof and that's just not on.

The scene is small and most promoters are well known to most coaches fight wise and usually on a personal level too so this would spread fast if it's legit.

The promoter has called this evening and has agreed to send on the money, so hopefully that's the issue resolved. I'm gonna let it go for a week but I will update the thread with proof if the money fails to come through this time. Thanks for the advise lads.

Anyone guess what promoter this was about?

Advertisement