Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welfare rent allowance

Options
  • 07-09-2020 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

Talking to a nephew living in a small town in munster , mid 30s , earning about 35K . Only moving out of home now after a couple of years abroad .
    Looking to rent in a limited pool of houses , can’t get anything below 1000 for basic semi detached 3 bed . Not keen on sharing . The last house he looked at , the other 3-4 viewers were all on welfare paying peanuts towards rent and easily outbid him for property . How is it right that someone who worked all their life can’t compete for renting properties with some people who never did a days work in their lives ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Is he trying to rent a 3 bed house for just himself? Are these social welfare applicants also individuals trying to rent the houses for just themselves, or are they families?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

How did he know people on welfare outbid him,

Rent supplement/hap doesn't work like that it not an auction where someone on welfare gets to put bids in

If he is a single guy trying to let a 3 bedroom house by himself, the landlord is probably worried he is going to sublet the other bedrooms....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Maybe the landlords just didn’t like the cut of his gib.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Like most of these anti dole stories, it just doesn't stack up.
    All or partially made up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,294 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The bus driver once told me the foreign lady left her buggy at the bus stop because there wasn’t enough room for it in the bus.
    She said she could get another one easily off social welfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Does he really need a 3 bed?

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭SlowMotion321

The bus driver once told me the foreign lady left her buggy at the bus stop because there wasn’t enough room for it in the bus.

And she's taking all our jobs :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Tinytemper

LuasSimon wrote: »
    Talking to a nephew living in a small town in munster , mid 30s , earning about 35K . Only moving out of home now after a couple of years abroad .
    Looking to rent in a limited pool of houses , can’t get anything below 1000 for basic semi detached 3 bed . Not keen on sharing . The last house he looked at , the other 3-4 viewers were all on welfare paying peanuts towards rent and easily outbid him for property . How is it right that someone who worked all their life can’t compete for renting properties with some people who never did a days work in their lives ??

:pac: I'm just going to join you all in laughing at the OP. Walter Mitty.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Urban misconception it was the taxi man that told this tale tale

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Like most of these anti dole stories, it just doesn't stack up.
    All or partially made up.

I don't know why people get a kick out of this bull****?

Is it for attention? is it to see if people take the bait? Boredom? Its fascinating really.

Sorry if I ruined your **** there - but I call BS and don't want to play this game anymore.

Urban misconception it was the taxi man that told this tale tale

No, bus driver, the taxi is his nixer!

kenmm wrote: »
    I don't know why people get a kick out of this bull****?

Is it for attention? is it to see if people take the bait? Boredom? Its fascinating really.

Sorry if I ruined your **** there - but I call BS and don't want to play this game anymore.

Dude, this is AH, if ye want serious it's the wrong forum! Everything in here is mostly bullsh1t, start from there and you can't go wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dulceetdecorum

This is true actually, Me and the other 3-4 viewers were having a few drinks in my house bought with everyone else's hard-earned money only yesterday and we were cracking jokes at OP's nephew's expense all night.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mod

Closed before it turns into another dole bashing thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement