Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant for furnishing council house

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 calyxx

Gatling wrote: »
    This is also true most people I know a few people used power city for their white goods for quotes and the like of Smyths for buggies if needed I've not heard of using catolouges for quotes though I'd ask just in case

I'll have them ready and see what the cwo says then if they won't do i'll go to the likes of power city Argos seems a lot cheaper that's the only reason i taught of there

kceire wrote: »
    OP, where is your new home?
    General location, not the exact address.

It's in Dublin 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

calyxx wrote: »
    I'll have them ready and see what the cwo says then if they won't do i'll go to the likes of power city Argos seems a lot cheaper that's the only reason i taught of there

Oh yeah that's true on some items I just haven't heard of anyone showing a catolouge number or page for a quote

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭beyondbelief67

Unless it's different in dublin to Waterford you might not need quotes as a couple of my friends have got the grant for council houses in the past few months and didn't need the quote for household items and white appliances but needed it for flooring and curtains/ blinds.
    Best of luck in your new home and your fresh start.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,162 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Add the items you want a quote for to the shopping cart on Argos.ie, proceed to the checkout page and you'll get a summary of the goods and their prices.

That should legally suffice as a "quote" and it's a little more helpful than circling items in a catalogue that was printed months ago...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Unless it's different in dublin to Waterford you might not need quotes as a couple of my friends have got the grant for council houses in the past few months and didn't need the quote for household items and white appliances but needed it for flooring and curtains/ blinds.
    Best of luck in your new home and your fresh start.

It's Been standard in Dublin for years ,usually 3 quotes for white goods and flooring if needed

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It's in Dublin 11.

Excellent. I have a box of stuff there that was gona make its way to the charity shop. Clothes etc good stuff now, brand names and some never worn.

I'll check what's there and send you a list. If you want it, it's yours.

Sorry i haven't been on this in a few days my lil one was sick and i couldn't get a chance to check in on this, and thanks again everyone for the advice and well wishes it means an awful lot.
    I got a bit of bad news about the move the house was broken into and basicly wrecked so it's gonna delay my move in date the council hasn't told me much other than the above so god knows how long i'll be waiting for whatever damage they done to be fixed 😡

kceire wrote: »
    Excellent. I have a box of stuff there that was gona make its way to the charity shop. Clothes etc good stuff now, brand names and some never worn.

I'll check what's there and send you a list. If you want it, it's yours.
    Thank you very much that would be great that's very kind of you it means a lot to me thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Sorry i haven't been on this in a few days my lil one was sick and i couldn't get a chance to check in on this, and thanks again everyone for the advice and well wishes it means an awful lot.
    I got a bit of bad news about the move the house was broken into and basicly wrecked so it's gonna delay my move in date the council hasn't told me much other than the above so god knows how long i'll be waiting for whatever damage they done to be fixed 😡

So sorry to hear that. At least its just a delay and you haven't lost the house completely. These things happen but it will all fall into place in the end :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭April 73

That's such a shame. Hope it won't be too long until it gets fixed up & you get to move in. I'd keep up regular contact with the council so they are motivated to get it done as soon as possible.

(I sent you a PM Calyxx. Check your in-box for messages)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Quorom

I know you can get a white goods grant from the welfare, I am nor sure about whether a furnishing grant is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 maryjh

Would it be possible for you to let me know what you did get a grant for ? As I'm applying myself and no clue what they give , did they give you anything towards furniture or was it just for flooring , washer f.f and cooker.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

maryjh wrote: »
    Would it be possible for you to let me know what you did get a grant for ? As I'm applying myself and no clue what they give , did they give you anything towards furniture or was it just for flooring , washer f.f and cooker.

They tend to give a grant for electrical goods, such as cooker, fridge and washing machine.
    Usually, they will pay for the upstairs to be floored/carpeted but that's not guaranteed.
    They will pay for beds too.
    Everything else, including sofas etc, are not covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Donna2me

What is amount for 2bed council house for 1parent and 1 child in cork city

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Original post is from 2015....

• Site Banned Posts: 17 RStoneX

<SNIP>

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

RStoneX, please read the forum charter before posting again. Any further posts along those lines are not welcome.

Do not reply to this post.

Advertisement