Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smartplug Smart life Issue

Options
  • 20-02-2021 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have numerous Teckin smartplugs along with a smart switch all connected via the smartlife app then paid to alexa. I decided to delete them all today to do a fresh install as there was some connection issue with alexa. For the life of me I cant get any device to connect via the smartlife app. I've split the wifi network to make sure i'm on the 2.4(renamed also so both networks are different),tried both the autoscan feature and selecting wifi socket in the smartlife app.

Devices are going into pair mode but nothing registered on the smartlife app. Deleted the smartlife app also and cleared the cache but still nothing. Im ready to throw the lot in the bin. Also tried on an ios phone and rebooted router.

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this issue. Never had any issue with Smart Life before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

OPen the app, go to plus sign top right, choose socket wifi, select which wifi @ 2.4, next, plug into a socket, hold the power on button on it till it flashes, confirm it flashes rapidly, then the app scans and adds it.#
    Just did there now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

And use the base Tuya app, not rebrands that are not kept updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

OPen the app, go to plus sign top right, choose socket wifi, select which wifi @ 2.4, next, plug into a socket, hold the power on button on it till it flashes, confirm it flashes rapidly, then the app scans and adds it.#
    Just did there now

I don't have an issue with the operation of the app. I have used it many times before.

grogi wrote: »
    And use the base Tuya app, not rebrands that are not kept updated.

I tried the Tuya app but not connecting either. Smart Life is an official Tuya app AFAIK.

So it connects to the smart life app, turns on and off from there okay but you're having difficulty connecting to Alexa? Alexa not seeing it under devices plugs?
    Did you go into the Alexa app, hit the plus sign under devices >add device>plug>brand Tekin and discover?

i use the smart life app

• Advertisement

So it connects to the smart life app, turns on and off from there okay but you're having difficulty connecting to Alexa? Alexa not seeing it under devices plugs?
    Did you go into the Alexa app, hit the plus sign under devices >add device>plug>brand Tekin and discover?

i use the smart life app

Nope it wont connect to the smart life app. I know how to pair it with smart life but smart life just wont find any of my devices now. Its searches for the 2 minutes but finds nothing. The devices are in pair made and flashing quickly. I've paired numerous devices with smart life over the years and never had this issue.

Nope it wont connect to the smart life app. I know how to pair it with smart life but smart life just wont find any of my devices now. Its searches for the 2 minutes but finds nothing. The devices are in pair made and flashing quickly. I've paired numerous devices with smart life over the years and never had this issue.

When I got the plugs initially I had to reset them a couple of times before they were paired, it might have had something to do with me having 2 different wireless networks and that the Alexa app was connected on the other one.

But it is working for me now, I did a fresh install of a plug just to see

When I got the plugs initially I had to reset them a couple of times before they were paired, it might have had something to do with me having 2 different wireless networks and that the Alexa app was connected on the other one.

But it is working for me now, I did a fresh install of a plug just to see

Yeah i have reset them numerous times today. They were working this morning so its some config issue just don't know what else to try.

Jeez, dunno, unplug them, leave them, reset is about all you can do (which you have done)
    Reboot, your phone and router would be my next port of call I suppose

Jeez, dunno, unplug them, leave them, reset is about all you can do (which you have done)
    Reboot, your phone and router would be my next port of call I suppose

Cheers tried all of the above numerous times today and really can't think of anything else either. Really has me stumped, can't think of anything else either.

Tried it on on multiple phones toos so thats one thing i can rule out. Can't be the plugs as they were working this morning until I reset them so leaves me thinking its a issue connecting with my wifi. Router resets didn't work so don't really know what to try next. Thanks for responding though.

• Advertisement

More goggling brought me to the config for AP mode(when led is flashing slowly rather than fast). This creates a hub from the plug which you will find listed in your wifi networks and hallelujah I could complete the setup in the smartlife app then. Some waste of a day but at least I learned something new. Never needed to set up in this mode before.

Advertisement