Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it ok to start putting fert out ?

Options
  • 26-02-2021 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

just i remember the last few springs, fert went out in Apr, no rain, and it was practically sitting there when the mowers were in in June.

if i throw some out now i could ensure a few showers of rain might hit it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

P_Cash wrote: »
    just i remember the last few springs, fert went out in Apr, no rain, and it was practically sitting there when the mowers were in in June.

if i throw some out now i could ensure a few showers of rain might hit it.

I've mine out a week ago. Right or wrong its out

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Biscuitus

It's a toss up of putting it out the first chance its dry or waiting until the grass is growing and then getting it out. If you do that then the grass can absorb more as oppose to early in the year.,

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

GO GO GO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭MfMan

This time 3 years ago, the 'beasth from the easth'!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

MfMan wrote: »
    This time 3 years ago, the 'beasth from the easth'!

This day last year there was big floods around the west. Two to three foot of water in some of our land!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

This day last year there was big floods around the west. Two to three foot of water in some of our land!

Land absolutely saturated here atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭trabpc

Reggie. wrote: »
    I've mine out a week ago. Right or wrong its out
    Urea or Compound?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

trabpc wrote: »
    Urea or Compound?

Urea

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

It’s all about soil temperature.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,155 ✭✭✭✭Water John

This is from M T Cranium of Boards:
    'The coming week will feature dry weather for most areas with small amounts of rain tonight and possibly around Tuesday of next week, but not amounting to more than 2-4 mm in either case; temperatures will be fairly close to seasonal averages and sunshine also likely to total about the normal amounts with high pressure somewhat tainted by patchy cloud, however there is potential for some places to see better than average sunshine, and the most significant detail may be generally light winds -- it should be a reasonably good period for drying which is badly needed in most areas.'

Dry week largely and temp around 10c. As soon as you think land is trafficable, off you go. Remember some fields may be ready a few days before others. A couple of drying days can be mighty this time of the year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement