Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pier-jumping

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

topper75 wrote: »
    Good finish to this quest! Could be the start of something.

I'm fond of the sea, but it is fresh enough, especially the east coast. And if it can't be the sea, then Loughrea lake is a damn fine one. Other county councils should take note. The facilites are simple but effective. I happened to be in there myself the previous evening. It was last day of my hols in which I daytripped to beaches from Kerry to Derry. Lake was balmier. Stunning warm evening with thunder in the background. Hardly felt like Ireland at all.

All in all, we are blessed in Ireland with outdoor swimming options if you are willing to put some fuel in the car, short as our season may be. Is there any county without its good swim spots?

I’m envious. We just missed the hot weather.

I thought the facilities there were fantastic. Nothing fancy but everything you need and very clean.

Advertisement