Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Raykay23 wrote: »
    I'll open up now.

Thanks again! :D

I keep buying nook miles tickets and flying off to find cherry/orange trees. But I keep being brought back to the same islands with apples, peaches, coconuts and bamboo.

Do you have to get so far in the game before being brought to different islands?

Unfortunately with the way ACNH generates fruit, you will either get your original fruit or your alternate fruit, for you those two seem to be apples and peaches, so you'll never get cherries or oranges naturally.

What's your friend code? I'll send you some!

EDIT: Actually, I think you might need to visit my island before I can send you something? So add me and you can take some fruit from my island. My friend code is in the spreadsheet in the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Is everyone set for the fireworks tonight? I’m trying to think of search terms to get some cool custom fireworks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,181 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Is everyone set for the fireworks tonight? I’m trying to think of search terms to get some cool custom fireworks!

Haven’t been able to play in a few days but I had been hoping to do patterns for all the islanders but don’t think I’ll have enough spaces (if I get time to play!)

Dodge wrote: »
    Haven’t been able to play in a few days but I had been hoping to do patterns for all the islanders but don’t think I’ll have enough spaces (if I get time to play!)

I went into Able’s & searched & got a really brilliant Tigger & an Ireland flag & a few others. Might be fun to visit each other’s islands to see the different fireworks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I went into Able’s & searched & got a really brilliant Tigger & an Ireland flag & a few others. Might be fun to visit each other’s islands to see the different fireworks!

Star Lord is doing this right now :pac: getting ones for all our villagers. Not sure if I can have anyone over this week... The island is a mess covered in mannequins while I work on my next project... Butterfly rock garden!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Star Lord is doing this right now :pac: getting ones for all our villagers. Not sure if I can have anyone over this week... The island is a mess covered in mannequins while I work on my next project... Butterfly rock garden!

I had the mannequins up to 2 days ago. Such a pain, when you check your rocks in the morning and find you missed a spot somewhere else. Best of luck with it!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Wing126 wrote: »

Unfortunately with the way ACNH generates fruit, you will either get your original fruit or your alternate fruit, for you those two seem to be apples and peaches, so you'll never get cherries or oranges naturally.

What's your friend code? I'll send you some!

EDIT: Actually, I think you might need to visit my island before I can send you something? So add me and you can take some fruit from my island. My friend code is in the spreadsheet in the OP.

Thanks for that. I was actually hoping to find a few trees to grow though. Going by how well the peaches sell, you seem to get more money for fruit you've imported? :D

We can't build ramps isn't that right? I thought when I bought the cliff design that I'd be able to cut slopes into cliffs, but I think I just have to buy a slope? I saw a nice video earlier where a guy built a ramp down to Redd's boat which looked really nice. I've searched in case I was doing it wrong, but it doesn't seem possible to cut one out of a cliff?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Once you plant the fruit, the fruit tree will grow. Non native fruit will sell for more money (500 bells each) than native fruit (100 bells each) in Nooks.

You unfortunately can't build ramps - just pay for them - and as I found out ruining my design, you can only have 8 ramps on your island in total. You go to Tom Nook in the Resident Services and ask him about Infrastructure, and choose your ramp design. Then you find where you want to put it, and you donate your money there for it to open.

cee_jay wrote: »
    I had the mannequins up to 2 days ago. Such a pain, when you check your rocks in the morning and find you missed a spot somewhere else. Best of luck with it!

It broke my heart trying to get the 6 rocks where I wanted them. Took far too much effort!

cee_jay wrote: »
    Once you plant the fruit, the fruit tree will grow. Non native fruit will sell for more money (500 bells each) than native fruit (100 bells each) in Nooks.

Ah ceejay no :o. You can plant fruit!!!! I tried before but it only gave me an option to eat, grab or drop. It was only when I was standing beside a hole just now that I realised YOU CAN PLANT FRUIT!!!! The amount of nook miles I've wasted :(

I think I'm going to need two slopes to get to the secret beach... Either that or hack away at the top level... I'll know more tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

I think I'm going to need two slopes to get to the secret beach... Either that or hack away at the top level... I'll know more tomorrow.

There are always a few options for accessing the secret beach, my current favourite is cutting a path right from ground level all the way through to create a canyon :) Shame you can't bridge those sorts of gaps, only rivers. What I ended up doing is making a little secret path around the right side of my island and then a slope down out of sight. Keeps access easy without something that would damage the look of the back of the island. To each their own though, enjoy.

It broke my heart trying to get the 6 rocks where I wanted them. Took far too much effort!

It's like they are actively avoiding the lovely spaces I have made for them! 5 spawned so far in random inches around and not one where I want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think I've hit burnout on this, guys.

After about 200 hours, I've got my island where I want it.
    I have about 15m bells in the bank and nothing to spend it on.
    I have all fossils so I don't need to dig any more.
    I'm shaking all trees every day and getting repeat furniture.
    Even the turnip thrill is gone.

I was reading an article on Polygon about some people who started over (after tens or even hundreds of hours).
    https://www.polygon.com/2020/5/16/21258908/animal-crossing-island-reset-second-run-twitter

I'd love to start a second island and leave the first one where it is, but I can't.

Shame that Nintendo designed it that way, but I can kind of understand it.

Has anyone started over after investing a lot of time on their first island?

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

Mr E wrote: »

I was reading an article on Polygon about some people who started over (after tens or even hundreds of hours).
    https://www.polygon.com/2020/5/16/21258908/animal-crossing-island-reset-second-run-twitter

I'd love to start a second island and leave the first one where it is, but I can't.

Yeah, there are times where I'd like to start from scratch, as well.

I'm playing a lot less and it's more checking which visitor is on my island.

My one gripe is how come there isn't unlimited storage. My inventory is always full and it's such a pain to get rid of stuff. You have to take it out the home storage and then put it in a bin or sell it to the Nook's.

I also have less time now than before. I'm hoping they introduce some mechanics that can entice me back in further, the rumoured vegetables would certainly do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

tbahh wrote: »
    Yeah, there are times where I'd like to start from scratch, as well.

I'm playing a lot less and it's more checking which visitor is on my Island.

My one gripe is how come there isn't unlimited storage. My inventory is always full and it's such a pain to get rid of stuff. You have to take it out the home storage and then put it in a bin or sell it to the Nook's.

I also have less time now than before. I'm hoping they introduce some mechanics that can entice me back in further, the rumoured vegetables would certainly do that!

Just signed in there and even Isabelle has run out of steam, no news for the umpteenth day in a row! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Mr E wrote: »

Kinda the same - i'm a bit busy anyway but less appeal checking in lately and more jupming on to zelda now. i suppose zelda is just brand new to me as well.
    haven't checked out the dreams stuff at all on acnh and my house could definitely use some redecoration on the sitting room but sure

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I have found myself in the same situation, I am just checking in daily to see who is around and to get my daily miles that I never spend anyway. My daughter is on it all the time now instead. The dream and fireworks did nothing to entice me back but she loves them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Shooting stars announced for tonight.... Which island are we meeting on lol!!

https://www.facebook.com/117022648342887/posts/3592853874093063/

I think this is all natural enough. Mrs Dodge spent about 8-10 hours a day months ago to terraform etc but there isn't that amount of work to do. Every now and them we start up a new island project and that'll give us a bit of structure or purpose.

My daughter basically logs in, changes outfits 10 times, talks to her favourites and leaves. She plays other games while me and Mrs Dodge don't

For me I definitely don't play it as much, but that's a combination of a load of things. Still enjoy popping in and completely tasks. Like ticking off those achievements

I'm surprised I don't have the burnout yet, maybe just the times we are in!

I'm still loving the game, play pretty much everyday. I think the colours and the music relaxes me. I was actually doing something else last week and found a lovely Animal Crossing lofi playlist on YouTube, I am too obsessed. My main reason to play daily now is to swim for the scallops, still haven't completed my mermaid vision in my house since he keeps giving me pearls. And to work on this damn rock garden. Before that I was addicted to the flower breeding. It's nice to have a small thing to be working towards everyday.

I've also been working on my Nook Miles achievements, like the chopping wood, planting trees, crafting tools etc. Finally managed yesterday to get the Cast Master 100 fish in a row....there may have been some cheating involved :p

Maybe the change of seasons will make things a bit better for some in September? There will be new seasonal crafting recipes and the acorns/pinecones.

• Advertisement

Bells21 wrote: »
    Shooting stars announced for tonight.... Which island are we meeting on lol!!

https://www.facebook.com/117022648342887/posts/3592853874093063/

:pac: I heard this on the radio news first thing this morning, Isabelle's daily announcement!!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

I'm surprised I don't have the burnout yet, maybe just the times we are in!

I'm still loving the game, play pretty much everyday. I think the colours and the music relaxes me. I was actually doing something else last week and found a lovely Animal Crossing lofi playlist on YouTube, I am too obsessed. My main reason to play daily now is to swim for the scallops, still haven't completed my mermaid vision in my house since he keeps giving me pearls. And to work on this damn rock garden. Before that I was addicted to the flower breeding. It's nice to have a small thing to be working towards everyday.

I've also been working on my Nook Miles achievements, like the chopping wood, planting trees, crafting tools etc. Finally managed yesterday to get the Cast Master 100 fish in a row....there may have been some cheating involved :p

Maybe the change of seasons will make things a bit better for some in September? There will be new seasonal crafting recipes and the acorns/pinecones.

How did you manage the 100 in a row??? Ill never get that achievement!!!!

My kids have invented a great new game to keep me interested!! My toddler finds the switch no matter where I hide it, changes my look (he thinks I look better with a tan n a square nose!) N then tears around the island digging up trees n hedges.... n picking up objects I've strategically placed. So when I come to play I have a whole island to redesign.... joy!!

Zucker told me he's leaving today so hel be in boxes tomo if anyone would like him. Ill deffo miss our snack runs!!

How did you manage the 100 in a row??? Ill never get that achievement!!!!

My kids have invented a great new game to keep me interested!! My toddler finds the switch no matter where I hide it, changes my look (he thinks I look better with a tan n a square nose!) N then tears around the island digging up trees n hedges.... n picking up objects I've strategically placed. So when I come to play I have a whole island to redesign.... joy!!

Zucker told me he's leaving today so hel be in boxes tomo if anyone would like him. Ill deffo miss our snack runs!!

There was a lil cheating involved alright...I'm not the best fisher and I just wanted it save your judgement :pac: I would keep an eye on the autosave and if I lost a fish just quit the game really quickly before it saved. Overall it was like 5 times out of 100 fish so I'm pretty happy with that and now its not hanging over my head every time I lose a fish thinking I'll never get that achievement...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

I got the 100 in a row fairly easily, just looked away when fishing and listening to the sounds, made it a lot easier

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

There was a lil cheating involved alright...I'm not the best fisher and I just wanted it save your judgement :pac: I would keep an eye on the autosave and if I lost a fish just quit the game really quickly before it saved. Overall it was like 5 times out of 100 fish so I'm pretty happy with that and now its not hanging over my head every time I lose a fish thinking I'll never get that achievement...

Feck I thought you had to do them all at once!!! Thats genius!! Thats my evening sorted!!

Redd is here with (I think ) perfect paining I think a fake mothering statue. If anyone is Interesed, my gates are open.

Omg the addiction is real. I went all out and sacrificed the money I was using to repay my housing loan to fund two fancy stone steps leading from the secret beach. It has a whole Machu Pichu look to it now. I dropped two fossils on the beach so they look like skulls. Will finish it later with some tiki torches and hope the rope fence comes back to the Nook Miles shop soon!

I'm saving all the stones I can get to build the stone arches and garden rocks to build a mini Stonehenge.

It's all getting very serious :eek: :pac:

I'm saving all the stones I can get to build the stone arches and garden rocks to build a mini Stonehenge.

One of the Gulliver ‘prizes’ is a Stonehenge. We have it on one of the rocks at the back

One of the Gulliver ‘prizes’ is a Stonehenge. We have it on one of the rocks at the back

Ah thanks so much for that Dodge! I haven't built any of the pieces yet. I'd have been so mad if I spent all that time and used all those rocks and then just got handed a stone henge :eek: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

I dropped two fossils on the beach so they look like skulls.

Dropping things like recipes, unidentified fossils and items in their 'leaf' form degrades from your island rating 1-5 star. Not too much but enough things and it'll drop your rating. A few bits and bobs are probably fine.

Advertisement