Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best tipping builders trailer?

Options
  • 07-08-2018 7:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭

Well have ye any thoughts on the best built trailer? I'm looking at 10 X 5' 6" roughly.
    Don't want an Ifor Williams and I'm kinda leaning towards a Dale Kane or Nugent but open to other makes on good recommendations as well

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Who2

Bullocks wrote: »
    Well have ye any thoughts on the best built trailer? I'm looking at 10 X 5' 6" roughly.
    Don't want an Ifor Williams and I'm kinda leaning towards a Dale Kane or Nugent but open to other makes on good recommendations as well

I bought a Nugent new last year and wouldn’t buy another. Not what they used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Who2 wrote: »
    I bought a Nugent new last year and wouldn’t buy another. Not what they used to be.

That's why I was staying away from the Ifor. What were you let down with on the Nugent?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭severeoversteer

i am in the same boat looking for a tipper for behind jeep
    was going to buy an ifor Williams in a few weeks

biggest thing for minding a trailer is not to lend it to anyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭furandfeather

I've a murphys one for about 10 years but I saw a dale Kane one just today and I'd say you'd be hard pushed to find a better built trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Who2

Jockey wheel was pure butter. Told me the day I bought it they would replace it straight away, I’m still waiting. All the reflector lenses were placed directly over the tying eyes so when you put on a ratchet they break. The knobs they put on for the corner posts catch on the sides when they are dropped and stick out in the way of everything. The sides are too light also and I can find them starting to strain already. If I was doing it again I’d wait the time for a new porter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭farisfat

Are u building as well as farming if not don't waste your money on a tipper.
    I haven't tipped mine once since I hung up the trowel and went farming full-time.
    I've a Williams and it nearly indestructible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

farisfat wrote: »
    Are u building as well as farming if not don't waste your money on a tipper.
    I haven't tipped mine once since I hung up the trowel and went farming full-time.
    I've a Williams and it nearly indestructible.
    I'm still building (until the next time it goes wallop anyhow!)
    I wouldn't be tipping a lot but it's great to have instead of shovelling. It does make the trailer a bit more expensive though

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Stan_78plant

Bought a Dale Kane a year ago of bannon in athlone. hard bet

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭twofish101

We have an ifor here as said pretty indestructible in fairness. I used to borrow my brothers Dale Kane tipper before we bought the williams and was amazed how much heavier it felt to tow over the ifor. both were 10x5.6.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Cattlepen

I for Williams all the way. I’ve had a few different types but haven’t looked back since I bought tipper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Dunedin

Bought a Dale Kane a year ago of bannon in athlone. hard bet

What size and what sort of money do you mind me asking?

Advertisement