Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KLM To early retire the 747

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

jhegarty wrote: »
    Nothing beats the 747 upper deck , I don't care how fancy the 787/a380 are.
    I loved it. Flew with KLM many times. If on the upper deck, I always picked seat 77a. Flew on PH-BFG the most and was sad to see it heading off to the scrappers yard. Goodbye, Big Friendly Giant. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

bronn wrote: »
    I loved it. Flew with KLM many times. If on the upper deck, I always picked seat 77a. Flew on PH-BFG the most and was sad to see it heading off to the scrappers yard. Goodbye, Big Friendly Giant. :(

We have a Photo of BFG on her delivery flight arriving to AMS in the Shell Terminal in Rotterdam from the early 90's.

I thought BFG was sold on?

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

She went to Kemble on 8th December 2019. Footage of it here:

I'd love to know that if she's going to be scrapped, is it possible to get a piece?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

I'd love to know that if she's going to be scrapped, is it possible to get a piece?

It isn't BFG but its close enough don't you think? haha

https://www.aviationtag.com/en/produkt/phbfr01/

It isn't BFG but its close enough don't you think? haha

https://www.aviationtag.com/en/produkt/phbfr01/

Was just going to post that! I have one and a piece of the Cathay 747.

• Advertisement

Was just going to post that! I have one and a piece of the Cathay 747.

Have the Cathay one myself, lovey chunk of aluminum.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

PH-CKA flew over Dublin a little while ago.
    Its a B747F operated by Martinair, but the livery in KLM so I think it counts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

She went to Kemble on 8th December 2019. Footage of it here:

Just quoting again to get video viewable:

I saw a KLM 747 at a gate on Monday evening with the cargo doors open. I assume running PPE or the likes but it was at a gate.

• Advertisement

I saw a KLM 747 at a gate on Monday evening with the cargo doors open. I assume running PPE or the likes but it was at a gate.

Yeah the brought a couple of the combi’s back into service for PPE runs. They’ll be gone again soon no doubt

Advertisement