Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Halfords tools. what's the general verdict?.

Options
  • 21-09-2012 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

What are the like for returns?

I bought an alloy cotterless extractor and the arm broke off, the crank was tight nevertheless it would have come off with an normal hex head extractor.

What are they like for returns?

I use to have a Shimano Dur_a_ace extractor but it went AWAL, that was bullet proof.

What's the opinion on Halfords tools in general?

I would normally use Cyclo or BBB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

I haven't heard that much on the quality of halfords tools and haven't used them myself so won't comment on that but from what I can gather they're pretty sound about returning things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I haven't heard that much on the quality of halfords tools and haven't used them myself so won't comment on that but from what I can gather they're pretty sound about returning things.

Ill take a chance on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

I have a Halfords socket set, from their "Professional" range as far as I can remember. The quality is okay, but nothing great by any means. They make a big thing of the discounts they offer on various of their tools, including 50% off that particular socket set, but if I'd paid the supposed full price for it I wouldn't have been happy. For the discounted price I did pay, the set is reasonable value. They do offer a lifetime guarantee on any of the tools in this set (and some/all of their socket sets I think) which have no moving parts and from accounts I've read online they do honour that. I've no idea though whether that applies to their other tools too, and I also have no experience of their other tools.

For what it's worth, judging by their tool storage units, their "Industrial" range stuff seems a step up in quality from their "Professional" range, though it's a significant step up in price too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Cheap steel will never make good tools.

Advertisement