Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light mounts for carbon seat post

Options
  • 21-09-2012 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,560 ✭✭✭

Possibly a stupid question but I was wondering would any bike shop stock mounts for a seat post for holding rear lights on? The reason I am asking is that the mouts I hvae for my old bike are to narrow for my new commuting bike and won't fit so I was going to see if I could source wider mounts or would I just have to buy a new light kit for the seat post and ensure it measures right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

I use an old elastic hair-band on the seatpost of all my bikes, works perfectly provided the light you're using has a sort of clip thing that slides down onto or into the mount.

It's also super handy if you've got a lot of different bikes and a lot of different lights. I've got about half a dozen rear lights and all but one fits snugly and securely on the old hair-band solution despite the fact that they're all different brands designed to fit in slightly different mounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,560 ✭✭✭billyhead

I use an old elastic hair-band on the seatpost of all my bikes, works perfectly provided the light you're using has a sort of clip thing that slides down onto or into the mount.

It's also super handy if you've got a lot of different bikes and a lot of different lights. I've got about half a dozen rear lights and all but one fits snugly and securely on the old hair-band solution despite the fact that they're all different brands designed to fit in slightly different mounts.

Cheers Tony, I might try a few cable ties. Won't be long now till the dark evenings draw in:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

yeah, cable ties work too but something elastic works better, more secure and more adjustable. Simple elastic bands also work but they tend to degrade over time.

Advertisement