Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suggest a new ladies racer

• 21-09-2012 1:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭

My mrs has a hybrid and wants to change to a racer. She cycles for recreation and fitness, and maybe a couple of more challenging spins in the year (ring of kerry, couple an post races)

She fancies a carbon frame and was looking at the Ridley Asteria 1306b and the Trek Madone WSD 3.1. However, neither of these are available anymore in her size.

What would be recommended in a bike with similar spec (carbon, 105s, etc)?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

My mrs has a hybrid and wants to change to a racer. She cycles for recreation and fitness, and maybe a couple of more challenging spins in the year (ring of kerry, couple an post races)

She fancies a carbon frame and was looking at the Ridley Asteria 1306b and the Trek Madone WSD 3.1. However, neither of these are available anymore in her size.

What frame size does she need ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

CANNONDALE SYNAPSE CARBON Feminine 105
    http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m7b0s134p4285

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Lumen wrote: »
    That looks pretty sweet at that price. Spec doesn't list wheels. However, they look like Aksiums in the photo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,935 ✭✭✭fat bloke

What size is she? My wife might be selling her Cervelo R3 with ultegra. Might be in budget depending on wheel set.

Dunno if you'd fancy the wife's bike being better than your own maybe though... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭roosterman71

She's 5' 4" so a small frame bike I reckon, though I think it would be medium in the ridley.

Not sure if she'd fancy a second hand one. I'll ask anyway.
    She qualifies for the Bike-2-Work jobby so I reckon she'd wanna use that to save a few quid too

• Advertisement
Advertisement