Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ribble R872 - anyone have one?

• 20-09-2012 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Looking at the R872 and have a few questions (mainly for anyone who has ridden one!).

What's it like for stiffness/ comfort? Aggressive riding position?

I seem to be just between a 52.5 and a 54.5. If anyone has one that I could see in the flesh it'd be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

oheilis wrote: »
    Looking at the R872 and have a few questions (mainly for anyone who has ridden one!).

What's it like for stiffness/ comfort? Aggressive riding position?

I seem to be just between a 52.5 and a 54.5. If anyone has one that I could see in the flesh it'd be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

From what I can tell, its just an update to the stealth. Which means position will be the same so you can rely on old reviews. As for the update itself, its either a higher mod carbon and/or a change in the lay-up, which means overall ride quality may be different. You would hope that the change itself means it must be an improvement but this isn't always the case. I'd still buy one if its remotely like the stealth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

They seem to be available in every size from 46 cm to 54.5 cm.

It's a slopping geomotory frame too, so where as with a 76cm insice leg I'd usually be a 53/54cm frame in most cases I'd be a 48cm in this case.

You take your inside leg measurement and multiply it by .64 (76 x .64 = 48.64) and round it up or down.

If you are between frame sizes they recommend to get the size lower rather than the size higher as you can compensate more easily by using a longer stem/different bars etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    From what I can tell, its just an update to the stealth. Which means position will be the same so you can rely on old reviews. As for the update itself, its either a higher mod carbon and/or a change in the lay-up, which means overall ride quality may be different. You would hope that the change itself means it must be an improvement but this isn't always the case. I'd still buy one if its remotely like the stealth.

From what I've read online from Ribble it is the same frame they just had to change the name because of a copyright issue, apparently Shimano own the rights to use the name Stealth as a bike model, or somehting.

Also updated to be compatible with di2 internal cables.

Identical otherwise.

Reviewed here.

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/bikes/road/product/review-ribble-stealth-11-custom-build-44609

Advertisement